Valve cover PCV location question

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I got a lot of blow by while tuning the upgraded turbo, likely blew the valve cover diaphragm.

I have head pins coming in to block off the crank case vent soon. Once they are in, I’d like to get a catch can on.

My question is, does it matter wether the valve cover is vented to the catch can via oil fill location or the stock valve cover location. Photos added to help explain
5A0B95E9-2264-45DF-AF2F-F282E0D9BF2C.jpeg

6BB6FE6E-DDCE-41C5-98E8-9A6286B398FA.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mason

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Bump.

just trying to order the fitting I’ll need to run a catch can. Not sure if these venting locations are internally connected within the valve cover.

mkv.jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
So I'm actually running both of these to a catch can. The radium CCV vent cover and the oil cap breather are hooked up to my motion raceworks catch can via -10an.

OP
OP
Mason

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
So I'm actually running both of these to a catch can. The radium CCV vent cover and the oil cap breather are hooked up to my motion raceworks catch can via -10an.
Did you ever undergo the pcv pins / Visconti vc ?

Zupra_Toscana90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver A90
I did the PCV pins
I ordered the pins yesterday. Did you do the pins yourself or source it out? I am a bit worried about setting the injectors back into place without the specialty tool and the phasers on the back of the engine.

OP
OP
Mason

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Also questioning the pins. Little concerned about loss of power deleting the pcv system

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I ordered the pins yesterday. Did you do the pins yourself or source it out? I am a bit worried about setting the injectors back into place without the specialty tool and the phasers on the back of the engine.
If you take out DI injectors and don't replace injector seals, which actually do require a special tool, you're going to be in a world of hurt. They will start leaking.

Zupra_Toscana90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver A90
If you take out DI injectors and don't replace injector seals, which actually do require a special tool, you're going to be in a world of hurt. They will start leaking.
Yeah this is the only thing stopping me from wanting to perform the install myself. I do not want to also have to purchase specialty tools that I would likely only ever use once. :confused:

mkv.jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Also questioning the pins. Little concerned about loss of power deleting the pcv system
I haven’t experienced any power loss, people have been pinning PCV systems on bmw’s for a long time

OP
OP
Mason

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Is this a BMW specific tool? Or just a universal DI tool?

Zupra_Toscana90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver A90
Is this a BMW specific tool? Or just a universal DI tool?
I have seen some people on YouTube utilizing a flared piece of 8mm aluminum tubing to slide over the tip of the injector and seal to compress the seal once its on the injector. But having this tool would be more ideal.

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Suzuka Silver GT
Do you need any check valves between these 2 points and the catch can?
What did you do with the bottom crank case vent?
Sponsored