Verus AOS Consensus? (It work?)

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
All, what is the consensus on the Verus AOS? Does it actually prevent the reported build up of oil from the Intake? I’ve been searching and have not seen where anyone was able to confirm the Verus AOS functions as intended. I did see that Catch Cans seemed to provide no benefit so I’m avoiding those.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zupra1776

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bump, I want to buy one of these hoping someone has experience!

je8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra
I’ve been running one for a little over 1,300 miles and just recently checked for anything I could drain out but it was dry. (Or dry enough nothing drained out)

OP
OP
Zupra1776

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’ve been running one for a little over 1,300 miles and just recently checked for anything I could drain out but it was dry. (Or dry enough nothing drained out)
Does it drain the oil back into pan? If not...I guess it isn't doing anything then?

je8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra
Does it drain the oil back into pan? If not...I guess it isn't doing anything then?
No drain back function unless you add the recently released add-on for that. So it’s not doing anything/I have a healthy motor functioning in a clean manner…not sure which is the better way to look at it. I’m no B58 expert so maybe someone else can chime in here.

OP
OP
Zupra1776

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No drain back function unless you add the recently released add-on for that. So it’s not doing anything/I have a healthy motor functioning in a clean manner…not sure which is the better way to look at it. I’m no B58 expert so maybe someone else can chime in here.
Is your intake free of oil? I guess what I'm trying to figure out is, is that thing actually doing anything positive or in excess of stock?

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
The theory is sound and it looks cool but its more of a conversation piece on the B58.

-RJM

je8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra
Is your intake free of oil? I guess what I'm trying to figure out is, is that thing actually doing anything positive or in excess of stock?
Sorry, I haven't checked that yet.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
The B58 doesn't drain oil out of the PCV. Unlike most engines, the B58 has a series of internal baffles activating at various engine loads to keep oil out of the PCV. These baffles condense and collect oil vapor and send it back to the pan at partial and full load.

This makes PCV catch cans practically useless on the Supra. That's why everyone's can keeps coming up dry, even though they've spent Mongo dollars on a pretty-looking paperweight.

The CCV on the bottom of the block, driver's side, however, does dump a small amount of oil back into the intake. It should have a catch can.

OP
OP
Zupra1776

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The B58 doesn't drain oil out of the PCV. Unlike most engines, the B58 has a series of internal baffles activating at various engine loads to keep oil out of the PCV. These baffles condense and collect oil vapor and send it back to the pan at partial and full load.

This makes PCV catch cans practically useless on the Supra. That's why everyone's can keeps coming up dry, even though they've spent Mongo dollars on a pretty-looking paperweight.

The CCV on the bottom of the block, driver's side, however, does dump a small amount of oil back into the intake. It should have a catch can.
Great information. To clarify are you saying that a catch can on the Driver's side Crank case ventilator would prevent oil in the intake?

Has anyone done this? Does anyone sell that as a kit?

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Mishimoto sells one, but it's stupid expensive. I'm sure you could DIY a solution for much less. The car doesn't care if it has a fancy pre-formed hose or not. ;)

Yes, the CCV puts oil back into the intake without a can.

Reactions: zrk

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
I did check a few when I initially installed and it was dry. I've been pushing the car pretty hard the last few days and decided to go check again just now. I dislodged the hoses and there is a super light coat of oil. I actually had to use a cotton swab to make sure my mind wasn't playing with me.

It's definitely not a necessity for the car. It IS functional, but if you don't plan on tracking or increasing the power output of the car, it's not going to benefit you at all. It wouldn't even benefit you that much if you did all that. This is something that you get when you just don't know what else to buy.

At the end of the day it just looks cool and fills out the engine bay nicely.

I also checked my old intake. It's been sitting in the garage ever since I uninstalled it. The inner walls of the piping are coated in oil. That was around 4300 miles of use.

Last edited: