A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege

cactusA91

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
81Celica Supra(1st Car)/Taco/Ghia/A91 Wannabe
Ordered one. Heat generated in that engine compartment is unreal. Is it compatible with all of the after market intakes? If anyone has any info let me know.

OP
OP
Juggernautjoe

Juggernautjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 noc black 3.0 prem
Do these really help?
I tried digging around for some forum posts on it. I believe someone did testing and found a significant drops in temps under the hood. After a drive, you can pop the hood and feel how hot it is around the intake area.

When I get mine in, I'll try to run as many tests as possible.

I also don't know if it'll fit with the MST intake. But I kept my stock one obviously, so I'll just switch back to that if I can't get it in there.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Ordered one. Heat generated in that engine compartment is unreal. Is it compatible with all of the after market intakes? If anyone has any info let me know.
They have documentation on their website, it really does help with heat-soak, quite a lot. They also have intake compatibility on their website but under the 2-port listing.

Here's the data.

A91Refraction

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Just wanted to make sure those folks waiting for the verus heat shield for their 2021's with the 6-port know that it's available now.

https://www.verus-engineering.com/s...bo-heat-shield-kit-2021-mk5-toyota-supra-2177

I picked one up. I have the MST intake and I'll let you know how the fitment is.
I just ordered one too. Planning on getting the MST intake as well. I sent an email asking if there were any fitment issues and here was their reply.....

Shouldn't have any issues, as I do not believe there are any intake systems that sit that close to the turbo heat shield area.

Best Regards,
Clay Warner
Director of Sales & Marketing
Verus Engineering, LLC
Office: 317-734-3854
www.verus-engineering.com

NewGuy

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium,18 X5 M
Thanks! Also, thank you for the email reply response that was posted. I have an HKS intake and would be a bit sad if it wasn't compatible.

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
I tried digging around for some forum posts on it. I believe someone did testing and found a significant drops in temps under the hood. After a drive, you can pop the hood and feel how hot it is around the intake area.

When I get mine in, I'll try to run as many tests as possible.

I also don't know if it'll fit with the MST intake. But I kept my stock one obviously, so I'll just switch back to that if I can't get it in there.
Awesome!!! Thanks...looks like it'll be another purchase for me!

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Anyone know if this will allow for their AOS to be installed without having to trim the factory heat shield like you would if you didn't replace it? I ordered the AOS and the recirculation kit along with it then realized it didn't explicitly state anything about it. I would be surprised if it didn't, but...

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Anyone know if this will allow for their AOS to be installed without having to trim the factory heat shield like you would if you didn't replace it? I ordered the AOS and the recirculation kit along with it then realized it didn't explicitly state anything about it. I would be surprised if it didn't, but...
You need the resonator delete and to remove some of the stock heat shield on the intake to install the AOS. This turbo heat shield is recommended for both.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
You need the resonator delete and to remove some of the stock heat shield on the intake to install the AOS. This turbo heat shield is recommended for both.
...actually just did the resonator delete yesterday in prep for this, so perfect timing. :) Really impressed with the quality of Verus' stuff. Glad someone mentioned them in the forums. Thanks much!
Sponsored