Featured Video: Supra vs 86 Compared and Contrasted in TFL Review

Discussion in 'Supra versus... (no street racing stories)' started by Supra93, May 9, 2019.

1. Supra93

Supra93 Moderator

First Name:
    Tommy
    Car(s):
    Supra & RX7
    Liked:
    Chef
    Garage Profiles:
    #1 May 9, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2019
    TFL: The New 2020 Toyota Supra is Back! In This Classic TFLcar 2020 Toyota Supra Mashup Review we compare and review the new Supra to the Toyota 86 to find out if the 2020 New Toyota Supra is More Than just a rebadged BMW Z4.

mas921, vb22, Bruins71 and 2 others like this.
  2. spamthechan

spamthechan Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Justin
    Car(s):
    Toyota Prius V, Porsche Boxster
    Liked:
    Man he really tiptoed around that embargo :banghead:

vb22, johnny_10196, Supra93 and 5 others like this.
  3. DesmoSD

DesmoSD Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
    Liked:
    I really enjoyed listening to this guy's review. He addressed the same questions, concerns, gripes and head scratchers that I've been wondering about the MKV. I'm 6'2 so that was on point as well as the engine/exhaust sound. He had a neutral approach to his review about the overall identity and the reason why Toyota did what they did with joint ventures. We need more vids like this.

Since he couldn't disclose more details, I'm definitely looking forward to his full review once the embargo has expired.

4. TheFalls

TheFalls Active Member

Car(s):
    Toyota
    Liked:
    A nice review from Roman and he really tried his best with the embargo in place.

Have to wait for the complete review after the lift. Should be an interesting one.

Clear and addresses some doubts people have been voicing out, and also gave us some nice sound clips.

5. vb22

vb22 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    SC300
    Liked:
  6. white_turbo

white_turbo Active Member

Car(s):
    2009 Nissan GTR/2006 Mitsubishi Evo/2020 Toyota Supra (maybe?)
    Liked:
    Home Page:
    Garage Profiles:
    So nobody is mad that he said the interior feels like a BMW? :D

7. HKz

HKz Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    FRS
    Liked:
    he has always bee a rather poor reviewer anyways as a man that requires such a wide turn where he crosses into the opposing lane should be fired from every sports car review from here on out...he is comparing "fun" but the only "fun" thing he refers to is driving fast in a straight line and doing burnouts in open lots. yeah, he really got into the fine details...

8. bogglo

bogglo Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Lexus GS
    Liked:
    Nope. Why get mad about what everyone has seen/known for more than half a year now. Anyone still complaining about that is just _______ .

9. F1 Silver Arrows

F1 Silver Arrows Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
    Liked:
    I find TFL to be very unbiased. Let's be honest, while they did try pay homage to a lot of Toyota/Lexus designs, you can't help but be honest that it has a lot of BMW flair into it. But to me, I love that because BMW interiors are a pleasure to be in. They have one of the best ergonomics and in terms of design, it's great. I adore iDrive (I think Toyota should use that as their main infotainment system) and their switchgear is solid. It could have been better, for god damn sure. But you know what? If I forget some of the poor elements that this interior has, it isn't the absolute worst ever. It's genuinely not that bad and feels unique.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Kirk
    Car(s):
    ?
    Liked:
  11. HKz

HKz Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    FRS
    Liked:
    IDC about the BMW bits, I wanted to know actual driving details on the Supra..Roman is unbiased because he is clueless half the time..he gets so many things wrong -.- I would barely trust his advice on dad jokes...the Supra should have been reviewed by Nathan

12. F1 Silver Arrows

Car(s):
    Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
    Liked:
    I personally don't think that's a fair judgement because he's way less of a bumbling fool than Chris Harris, superspeedersrob, Vehicle Virgins and Doug Demuro. As well as the other retards that grace the internet.

13. HKz

HKz Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    FRS
    Liked:
    ..what is wrong with Chris? he can actually drive very well unlike the rest of those fools you mentioned plus he correctly understands car mechanics, he knows what enthusiasts want and he ain't afraid to tell the automakers what he thinks. Regardless, if you don't think Roman is the biggest fool out of all of them with his grandma turning abilities, then we ain't gonna come to an agreement xD

14. F1 Silver Arrows

Car(s):
    Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
    Liked:
    I 100% agree with your other points about Chris. But he's way too much of a sensationalist and if he never understands something, he continues to ramble on like the biggest idiot out there. Case in point, the whining that it's JUST a BMW, it has ZERO Japanese soul and to not listen to the engineers and their story. Shit like that makes me want to tell him to fuck off.

15. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Kirk
    Car(s):
    ?
    Liked: