Which one gets your vote?

• Total voters

white_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2009 Nissan GTR/2006 Mitsubishi Evo/2020 Toyota Supra (maybe?)
Vehicle Showcase
rear end sides and parts of the grill blocked off on the gtr. Yes there surely will be a bunch of people that will flock to the manual, wanting to loose speed and technology for god knows why
The rear is a diffuser e not a vent. The front (I assume you mean the driver side is blocked off) because there is nothing to feed for cooling on that side but is there for symmetry because the passenger side is feeding air to the oil cooler. Neither of these are the same type of fake vents on the Supra. But anyways, call it fake vents or part of the exterior design of the car, but it shouldn't be used to judge whether a car is good or not.
Sponsored

sojusoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 BB NSX, 2003 GPW S2000
Results of the survey were quite surprising...ha

Can't believe that the Z is being talked about in comparison to the Supra. In highschool, when every jdm fan Boi was lusting over a car, the Supra stood alone. Well that and the NSX but all the other cars weren't on that level.
Civic, Integra, Prelude, 300Z, 240 SX, Maxima,...

Guess the badge doesn't carry the same heft it use to.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
ummm bro I own a Supra ? Why would I think less of a car with fake vents when mine has several? I’m just saying that it’s stupid how people judge the MKV for the fake vents but not the Dodge Demon, Audi R8, GTR, etc etc

The type of people that hate on cars with fake vents are the same people that want pop up headlights to come back LOL

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
S**t just got really interesting. Not gonna lie, the new Z is nice!!! AMS is already finalizing the 1k hp block from the Q. Good stuff.

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
Results of the survey were quite surprising...ha

Can't believe that the Z is being talked about in comparison to the Supra. In highschool, when every jdm fan Boi was lusting over a car, the Supra stood alone. Well that and the NSX but all the other cars weren't on that level.
Civic, Integra, Prelude, 300Z, 240 SX, Maxima,...

Guess the badge doesn't carry the same heft it use to.
It's because it's a comparison made if you focus on the points that are close on paper(not in reality), and pretend the parts where they're not close are because Nissan is catering to the enthusiasts and not because they just reused old parts.

The new Z is the same as the old Z, it has a fresh coat of paint, new old motor and turbos, and some new gauges but it's the same thing. A little more power, a little more weight too. The biggest thing is the upgrade potential for it.

That being said, stock for stock. The new Z has less power, less torque, weighs more, and will be slower than the Supra. Nissan undoubtedly had access to a Supra to benchmark with. Do you hear them talking about how much faster it is? No, you hear them talking about driving joy.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That being said, stock for stock. The new Z has less power, and will be slower than the Supra.
On paper, the Z makes more power than the Supra (actual whp dyno to be determined) and who said it’s slower??? Alot of speculation here. Let’s wait and see what it’s really like when it is officially for sale. Also, don’t forget Nissan will more than likely have a Nismo version available and that will give it the edge. I still like the MKV Supra though, it feels like it’s put together better.

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
I looked at a lot of pictures of the Z today. It just doesn’t grab my attention the way the Supra does. The Supra is beautiful at any angle.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nissan did.

Nissan said the new Z was estimated to be 15% faster than the 370Z to 60 mph, which would make it at least a couple tenths slower than the Supra.
Let’s wait and see the official numbers before we jump to conclusions. The MK5 Supra has 385hp on paper, and actually makes over 400hp on the dyno right? I have a feeling Nissan is being really conservative with these specs for now
.and it will be better when testing after release. Also, the MK5 Supra has a Premium version which is the top trim
we still don’t know Nissan’s Nismo top trim specs. For now, I still like the MK5 Supra based on current specs. However, I bet Nissan has a trick up their sleeve after release.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Let’s wait and see the official numbers before we jump to conclusions. The MK5 Supra has 385hp on paper, and actually makes over 400hp on the dyno right? I have a feeling Nissan is being really conservative with these specs for now
.and it will be better when testing after release. Also, the MK5 Supra has a Premium version which is the top trim
we still don’t know Nissan’s Nismo top trim specs. For now, I still like the MK5 Supra based on current specs. However, I bet Nissan has a trick up their sleeve after release.
I don't think they'll have a car that puts down more than the Q60 Red Sport (375whp, 350ish tq from dynos as reported by their forum members). Straight up blows away the Q60's value if they have a better option for less from their own line.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think they'll have a car that puts down more than the Q60 Red Sport (375whp, 350ish tq from dynos as reported by their forum members). Straight up blows away the Q60's value if they have a better option for less from their own line.
Not really
.the Q is much more luxurious and refined. It’s like Toyota and Lexus, people who buy Lexus don’t really care about how much more power the Toyota variant makes vs the Lexus
.they want the luxury and refinement. However, let’s wait and see what the numbers will be soon.

wheeliedub

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Can’t really compare to the Q60 red sport though since it’s AWD and it’s drivetrain loss will be significantly greater. 375 to the wheels though on AWD might actually net about 390whp on rwd. Only time will tell.

I just wonder how these cars will hold up over time. I know a couple guys who bought Q60s when they were brand new thinking they’d be GTR killers, were disappointed when they found out how limited the platform was with modding/tuning, and then moved on to other cars ?

Last edited:

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
Can’t really compare to the Q60 red sport though since it’s AWD and it’s drivetrain loss will be significantly greater. 375 to the wheels though on AWD might actually net about 390whp on rwd. Only time will tell.

I just wonder how these cars will hold up over time. I know a couple guys who bought Q60s when they were brand new thinking they’d be GTR killers, were disappointed when they found out how limited the platform was with modding/tuning, and then moved on to other cars ?
If only there was a RWD version of the Q60 to dyno.... oh wait there is and it dynos about 350 to wheels.

On paper, the Z makes more power than the Supra (actual whp dyno to be determined) and who said it’s slower??? Alot of speculation here. Let’s wait and see what it’s really like when it is officially for sale. Also, don’t forget Nissan will more than likely have a Nismo version available and that will give it the edge. I still like the MKV Supra though, it feels like it’s put together better.
It's not speculation when the motor has been out in other platforms for years and what it makes is well known. I.e. about 350-375hp depending on dyno and conditions.

It's also not speculation when the chassis and everything else that motor is powering is already a known quantity. There are plenty of 370Z's with bolt-ons and forced induction making way more power than that. The Z's don't put their power down very well. (I think the current world record puts them at mid 9's in the quarter mile after the car has been out for 12 years) Then we have the fact that the new car will weigh more than 370Z, the VR is heavier than the VQ plus all the turbos, piping, and cooling. Then we also have a lower performance tire on the Z.

So in the end, you think that a car that has less power, weighs more, and struggles to put that power down will be faster is speculation?

Will there be a Nismo model? Of course, there will be, but all of a sudden that great cost to value is going to disappear by quite a bit. 40k for Base Sport, say 45k for Performance model... then what like 50k for the Nismo?

Nissan, the company that kept the current 370Z going for 12 years and brought you such great innovations as the 'Heritage Edition' sticker kit or the '50th Anniversary Edition' sticker kit has something up its sleeve.... don't hold your breath.

It'll still be a good fun car for the price, and as far as sales, it'll probably do ok. Will it be faster than the Supra stock for stock, no. Will it be close enough that some won't care? Yes.

ddoubled

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Nocturnal
I looked at a lot of pictures of the Z today. It just doesn’t grab my attention the way the Supra does. The Supra is beautiful at any angle.
I realize its subjective but I've read all these people writing that the Z looks soooo much better than the Supra. Thats insanity to me. The Z looks fine, but not near as sexy as the Supra.

wheeliedub

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium

Didn’t know they made a red sport in rwd. There’s some weird stuff going on if the cars share the same motors and AWD makes more horsepower after drivetrain loss. It’s still not adding up. Sounds like people are either inflating their numbers or comparing multiple different types of dynos to each other.

The dyno I use for example is known to read super low compared to others. It’s funny to see people who have had their vehicles dynoed elsewhere come to it and make substantially less power.
Sponsored