• Total voters

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
That rear reminds me of a Testarossa/300zx type look. I like it. That front though :puke:. A little too blocky for me, seemed like body lines and a smooth design was just an afterthought.

I’m more curious about performance and price. If it’s sharing a motor with the Q60 red sport which MSRPs for about $57k, I’d suspect this to be in the mid/high $40s for a base model and low/mid 50s for a specd out model.
Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Mustang GT; Past: E92 335i
I think the new Z looks good, but a little underwhelming after the teaser pics.

I much prefer the I6 in the Supra over the V6tt in the Z. It's smoother, sounds better, and will be able to make more power in the aftermarket.

The biggest thing the new Z has going for it is the manual transmission, which will definitely steal buyers away from the Supra. The ball is in Toyota's court now, they must deliver a manual Supra before the Z comes out.

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
I've been reading that Nissan isn't bringing the new Z to Europe so no contest for me!

A little disappointed though as I'd like to have test driven one and once one new sports car doesn't come to Europe it'll only be a matter of time before more and more don't make it...

Overall like the side and back but not keen on the very squared off front grill.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
IDK, someone of you maybe a little bias. :rolleyes: C&D poll has the Z at 80% and the Supra at 20%. ;)

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a34011665/nissan-z-proto-vs-2021-toyota-supra/
Well, people here have actually parted with their own money to get the Supra. What did the voters of the C&D poll do? Let's revisit when people hand over their cash for that catfish. If everyone who voiced their opinions about buying a sports car actually did it - we'd have a lot less SUVs on the roads.

As someone who got a Supra there is about 0% chance that I'd switch to the Z, as I saw it yesterday. :dunno:

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Based on looks the Supra does look better IMO. I don't think the Z Proto is ugly, the only let down is the front bumper. The side profile looks good, the rear lights are ok (warming up to it), interior is a nice big step into the new age of car design. I absolutely hate the interior of the current Z.

Overall, it's still a Proto so things could change. Manual TTV6 RWD is basically checking off the boxes for interest. Also, all done in house ;).

Supra Man

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
92 Supra(Sold) / 04 Rsx-S(Rip) / 13 Nismo 370z(Current)
first of all, i would like to say the proto z unveil live last night was shit! After it ended, i wanted to whoop all 3 of their asses that was on stage.. no info on price, performance specs, etc.. half ass explaining the design of exterior and interior.. they were answering planned "viewer questions" i feel like..

as a current Z owner, im a bit disappointed with the exterior design.. i dont know what was they thinking when designing the front bumper.. the front looks sooo plain and boxy... they did mention that this is not a concept and the looks is closed to final, so there is still a little tiny hope that the front will look a bit better lol.. maybe a front lip will make a night and day difference.. who knows...

IMO the 2 tone yellow and black exterior was not the right color choices/combo to show the new Z ... from the side view i thought the Z looks pretty good.. the rear took me a minute to get used to, the tail lights definitely looks like a modern s14 than the 300zx for sure..

interiorwise, they kept alot of the current 370z parts.. like the door handles/air vent , parts of the dash, etc... i didnt see pics of the interior behind the seat or trunk but probably the same as the current Z.. however, i do like the new digital cluster!

overall, i think the car is alright and workable with.. the manual trans is a HUGE plus for sure for some of us enthusiast.. still waiting for more info on the specs and trim level to release..

OP
OP
2JZ-No-Sh*t

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Well, people here have actually parted with their own money to get the Supra. What did the voters of the C&D poll do? Let's revisit when people hand over their cash for that catfish. If everyone who voiced their opinions about buying a sports car actually did it - we'd have a lot less SUVs on the roads.

As someone who got a Supra there is about 0% chance that I'd switch to the Z, as I saw it yesterday. :dunno:
I agree, talk is cheap. I just think it's funny how this is the only platform where the the Supra is winning. Yup, let's revisit this topic when we get sales numbers.

About a 60% to 40% divide on bimmerpost.
https://g29.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1724902

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
Also note that a lot of people dislike the Supra because “itS nOt a reAL SuprA, iTS a bMW.” Truthfully a lot of those people who complain never even rode in an A90, so take those external poll results with a grain of salt.

I agree, money talks. Polls mean nothing if it’s a bunch of 15 year olds voting :lol:

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Where is the C option? I'll give Nissan credit for offering it in a 6 spd and built in-house. However, the Z proto looks so eeeehh. It's like I want to throwup but I can't; at least not yet.

After months and months of their cock tease videos. It's like they didn't even try to make it look nice; 0 wow factor.

9j7x.gif

YungMercureal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Supra - Nitro Yellow
I agree, talk is cheap. I just think it's funny how this is the only platform where the the Supra is winning. Yup, let's revisit this topic when we get sales numbers.

About a 60% to 40% divide on bimmerpost.
https://g29.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1724902
We also have to consider that the people replying to the poll are also inherently biased on factors besides looks. My guess is that the Z will probably still win on sales numbers if they achieve what they are targeting, price especially. Although I'm not a fan of the looks (so far), I can't argue against the strict value proposition. And if value, in-house built, and manual are what people want, that's what's going to get the sales.

I would be curious to see if those on the sister forums are truly considering the looks in a vacuum or if they are letting inherent bias against the Supra from other reasons cloud their judgement.

OP
OP
2JZ-No-Sh*t

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
We also have to consider that the people replying to the poll are also inherently biased on factors besides looks. My guess is that the Z will probably still win on sales numbers if they achieve what they are targeting, price especially. Although I'm not a fan of the looks (so far), I can't argue against the strict value proposition. And if value, in-house built, and manual are what people want, that's what's going to get the sales.

I would be curious to see if those on the sister forums are truly considering the looks in a vacuum or if they are letting inherent bias against the Supra from other reasons cloud their judgement.
Agree, I think if the rumored price tag is true it will destroy the Supra when it comes to sales.

Why would they be bias? Because the Supra isn't a really a Toyota? They're also driving around in a Subaru with a Toyota badge. :p