Nissan Z vs Toyota Supra

Which one gets your vote?

• Total voters

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Who is responsible for the front end?? Look at it straight on. Someone designed it and then someone said “that looks great, let’s make THAT!” :doh:

Nissan-Z-Prototype-19.jpg
From the side its pleasant. The front says I cant wait to be an EV! No....... utterly bland.
Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
From the side its pleasant. The front says I cant wait to be an EV! No....... utterly bland.
I think you really summed up in words what has been bugging me about the front. Side and rear are fine, but it really does look like the front is an EV. I didn’t love the Supra pictures either when I first saw it, so it may look better in person. But it just screams boring.

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
A sporty, low slung and sleek shaped vehicle looks massively odd with a rectangle grille. Rectangle grilles work well with boxy styled vehicles like a Challenger or a box Chevy. The GR86 front grille has sleeker edges around it despite the grille having an almost rectangle shape. I think the aftermarket will create 5 to 7 front bumpers for the Z because that's the worst part of it stylistically and to a degree the headlights have a funny looking oval shape that sadly can't be changed by the aftermarket.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
I think you really summed up in words what has been bugging me about the front. Side and rear are fine, but it really does look like the front is an EV. I didn’t love the Supra pictures either when I first saw it, so it may look better in person. But it just screams boring.
There is zero 'heritage' in that front end. Zero. Its clinical at best. Boring as you state!

Deleted member 5830

Z = BORING! Not sure what i's trying to be. Not much retro, nothing new/exotic...Looks like they gave someone a hammer and saw and said build a car!

kanpen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FX35 FZ09 Supra A91
I do love those bronze wheels! My main complaint with the Supra is the stock wheels, which is why I went with an A91.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
So I just briefly checked out the NissanZ sister forum... my god are they obsessed with the Supra. Basically every thread i've checked, theres someone trying to compare it to a Supra or throwing a jab at the Supra.
Exactly! They talk about the Supra non stop. About how horrible it is because it’s not a manual and has fake vents.. like do they not know their gtr (actually good version of their cars) only comes paddles with fake vents? LOL
In all fairness, the two of you should read the whole Proto thread. ?

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/ne...ts-past-2022-nissan-z-leaked-with-specs.6447/

Don Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium
I like the fact that there is a new Z. It dont want to see such cars die. So its a great move of Nissan.

But just for the visual comparison I would say a fair competitor is the GR86, than the Supra. For me its a visual GR86 competitor with comparable power level to the Supra. So its something between... it would match the pricetag of the Z if I remember correct.

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png

Roman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR B48
why couldnt we get that kind of interior in the Supra

I would love for the navi in Supra to be in "traditional" spot

Kato

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 GR Supra Phantom
Thanks for putting this together. It provides data to back up a point that doesn't have to be made to many Supra owners, or curve lovers, alike.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
The only YouTuber I've seen so far that got it right, is Matt Maran Motoring. He actually uses common sense rather than posting clickbait nonsense.

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
Screenshot_20210905-103244.jpg
Screenshot_20210905-092913.jpg
Screenshot_20210905-093726.jpg

So I find these figures interesting. Now a 370z Nismo is not a 2023 Z but the Z comes with a more heavier motor. The 370Z has a heavier front end than a 3.0 Supra and way more heavier than the 2.0 along with a worse F/R balance. I believe the Supra will not only be quicker but it'll out handle the new Z unless there's some trick up it's sleeve tbh.

Also it's cool to see the difference in the 2.0 and 3.0 weight removal on both ends of the chassis. A nice 110 lbs less on the front. And 204lbs lighter on the front than the 3.7 Nismo manual.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
why couldnt we get that kind of interior in the Supra

I would love for the navi in Supra to be in "traditional" spot
I am curious why people seem to sometimes prefer this spot - isn't it harder to actually look at the navigation the farther down it is from the windshield? Feels like you're taking your eyes off the road more.

Regardless, I really wish the HUD in the Supra worked with navigation via CarPlay like newer BMWs have. Sadly seems to be a iDrive version thing and isn't something you can fix with coding.

clockwork

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I am curious why people seem to sometimes prefer this spot - isn't it harder to actually look at the navigation the farther down it is from the windshield? Feels like you're taking your eyes off the road more.
I find it really odd as well. If anything you would think people would want something like Audi does with its virtual cockpit or extra HUD visualization.
Sponsored