Which one gets your vote?

• Total voters

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Z's got nothing on the Supra!

(except maybe the digital dash if it allows customization)

Last edited:

YungMercureal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Supra - Nitro Yellow
Ooof, not a fan of the Z. Too square on the front end and I don't like that rear end personally. Interior actually looks pretty nice except for the perforated seats. If you can get alcantara or leather seats on the Z, I'd say it's good for the projected price. Body-wise, I like the Supra much better. The Z reminds me a bit of the 05 Mustang redesign, looks kinda half retro mixed with modern and I just personally don't like it.

That being said, I'm not gonna complain about any new sports car hitting the market in today's world

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
Think the Z's got a few nice things going for it. Little more muscle-car-ish styling and the manual will get it some fans.

The grill is definitely unique, don't like it at first but we'll see. Lots of people don't like the supra's Fauxmula1 nose.

No regrets on the supra so far though, phew!

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan GT-R R33 ; Toyota Supra MKV
From the front
Supra wins it without a doubt.
But could be that the Z provides better cooling (looking at that grill)

From the side
Supra wins it, but both are close.
The ducktail spoiler did it for me. (sidenote: Don't see the Z getting any extra downforce on the rear)
Its just personal.

From the back
Can't decide honestly :)
Both look good in their own way. While the Supra is a lot more aggresive, the Z is more refined.

Interior
Supra wins it by a mile:
  • The supra has nicer looking seats
  • The infotainment screen of the Supra is at the correct height (I hate it when I need to look down for sat nav and music)
  • The overall (quality) look of the dashboard is much cleaner in the Supra.
  • Door panels are more refined in the Supra.
  • Steering wheel column in the Z is too flashy (I mean gloss black and than rest of it is a normal 'dull' steering wheel). It reminds me of the mercedes E and S-class, but there the entire steering wheel has the same styling.
  • Too many fixed gauges in the Z... we are in 2020, it does no longer belong is this era and considered too much F&F for me personally

Other aspects (mostly personal)
  1. I am guessing the infotainment system in the Supra outclasses the one of the Z. The BMW iDrive is so good and intuitive... hard to beat.
  2. Its nice that the Z has some digital gauges showing on the main cluster (would have loved such thing in the Supra if you could select 'track mode')
  3. For daily driver, I very much like again the BMW aspect that you can project for example the navigation on the main cluster.
  4. The Supra can be coded with bimmercode (yes again... thank you BMW haha).
I have for the Z's sake, it comes with a good automatic gearbox. I would no longer buy a daily ride with a manual gearbox.
So a must is a smooth auto gearbox.

Conclusion
For me personally, I would choose at this point the Supra way above the Z.
Maybe because I use it as a daily ride.

And if I would choose a car just for in the weekend and some track days... second hand R35 GT-R (sorry Z, no competition either on that part)

Still love the fact that Toyota partnered up with BMW.
I guess if they did not do it... I would not even own the MKV Supra.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
They both have their plus and minus, but the Z's interior looks cheap. The materials look like cheap plastic used in GM cars during the early and mid 2000s. Since that's where must of us will be spending most of our time I vote Supra. The only reason I might be tempted with the Z is the manual and rumored cheaper price tag.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I don't think the Z is bad at all. However, it looks a little too generic for my taste. Since looks is all we're going by the Supra wins in my book. Love it or hate at least it stands out. Maybe once we get numbers in and a chance to drive one I might change my mind.