VRSF Catted Downpipe - Review

cutsman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Austin Mini (VTEC), 2020 Supra, 2005 Cooper S
Vehicle Showcase
I placed a pre-order on a VRSF catted downpipe a while back and it finally got here! I installed it by myself with a set of ramps and a floor jack. Overall, installing a downpipe is doable as one-man job, but obviously a lift and/or two people helps to save you physical fatigue.

The downpipe is not as loud as the catless downpipes, but it is significantly much louder than stock DP. Paired with the stock cat-back exhaust, the downpipe improved the sound to the point where I likely do not want an aftermarket catback. I am running a BM3 Stage 2 on 91 octane tune with the cold start adjustments.

Video:

Pics:
IMG_20200317_180531.jpg
IMG_20200317_180623.jpg
IMG_20200317_180833.jpg
IMG_20200317_191931.jpg
IMG_20200317_192110.jpg
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Sounds great!

Picture kindda suggests the VRSF is longer? was that so? if yes, any issues mounting?

OP
OP
cutsman

cutsman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Austin Mini (VTEC), 2020 Supra, 2005 Cooper S
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds great!

Picture kindda suggests the VRSF is longer? was that so? if yes, any issues mounting?
The angle of the pic makes it look longer than it is, but it was just a tad bit longer. There were no fitment issues; there was still plenty of room to move around the downpipe while getting it adjusted and such.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Have you data-logged after loading the B3M stage 2 tune?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Anything in specific you are looking to check by data logging?
Just wondering if folks here bother to double check an OTS tune to make sure their car is agreeing with it, that's all. In my Subaru days you'd occasionally hear of someone running an OTS tune who had slight issues that weren't apparent until it was data-logged; ie, pulled timing, other.

I had a tune from Tim Bailey at PDX tuning that was terrific on my Subaru. He had a great reputation as well; however, i still datalogged a couple of runs and sent them to him for review. I'm probably more cautious than most folks but given what cars cost , small bit of insurance .

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Just wondering if folks here bother to double check an OTS tune to make sure their car is agreeing with it, that's all. In my Subaru days you'd occasionally hear of someone running an OTS tune who had slight issues that weren't apparent until it was data-logged; ie, pulled timing, other.

I had a tune from Tim Bailey at PDX tuning that was terrific on my Subaru. He had a great reputation as well; however, i still datalogged a couple of runs and sent them to him for review. I'm probably more cautious than most folks but given what cars cost , small bit of insurance .
Lots of people do it, especially when the tune is new. I recommend you datalog and send it to PTF, they will happily take a look

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Anyone know if this downpipe throws a CEL?