Warning about Tirerack and some wheels that say they fit the Supra

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
I bought a set of these wheels for my winter setup and when I drove my car out of my driveway they scraped the calipers and left some serious gouges on the backs of the wheels. Once I moved even 10 feet the damage was done unfortunately and I have to wait until Monday to see what they are going to do. So just a heads up in case someone was gonna grab a winter wheel set. Wheels linked below

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...autoModel=GR+Supra&autoYear=2020&autoModClar=
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
How were you even able to install them if the spokes hit the calipers? You shouldn't even be able to get them on the hubs.

Maybe with a small spacer you'd get them to fit properly.

I'd be gutted about the damage to the calipers though.

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
How were you even able to install them if the spokes hit the calipers? You shouldn't even be able to get them on the hubs.

Maybe with a small spacer you'd get them to fit properly.

I'd be gutted about the damage to the calipers though.
the way I put them on I guess there was just enough space to not really hit anything until I really tightened it down. I already told Tirerack I want the money for a small spacer so I hope they give me that and 2 replacements as the back of the wheels are F'd also.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Interesting. Just did a 2min search and that size/offset is shown on many sites to fit Supra.. gotta do a deeper dive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Update:
TireRack has now removed all 18" options previously on the website. They have also added new trim levels for the Supra and have only 19 & 20" options now. They are trying to get me replacement wheels but now it seems I can only choose 19" which I didn't want to but they want to confirm all fitments first. I still don't know what they're going to offer me and my F'd calipers as well.

Last edited:

kiroshino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 WRX STI
I bought the F2 version from Tire Rack. Haven't installed them yet.

You have me extremely worried. I'll need to test fit them.

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
18x9 +35 for all four. What are the specs for yours?
same exact specs, I would double check with your front wheel and brakes, be careful as it might or might not fit depending on the spoke design of the wheel.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Sorry to hear about this, TireRack should've done more research before suggesting at their URL.

Just FYI, offset alone does not signify it will clear big calipers. It's really the backspacing (shape of the back of the spokes) that determine it. This is why some folks that do dressup-only buy cars with standard calipers as they have more wheel choices. With our cars, no such choice.

kiroshino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 WRX STI
same exact specs, I would double check with your front wheel and brakes, be careful as it might or might not fit depending on the spoke design of the wheel.
Confirmed that it scrapes.

20201021_184108.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Yup, they've been updating the website all week it seems. They still haven't helped me yet and it's been so frustrating dealing with them. I asked for Enkeis that are confirmed to fit but they said it was much more expensive than the Flow wheels.

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Update again:
They sent me different Sparco wheels that are supposed to fit to a tire shop but they can't see my car until Sunday afternoon. They have also asked for a quote to repair my calipers so I'm working on that now also. So far the customer service has been some of the worst I have ever seen sometimes taking a day and a half to respond and almost taking a week to get me some sort of solution.

kiroshino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 WRX STI
So far the customer service has been some of the worst I have ever seen sometimes taking a day and a half to respond and almost taking a week to get me some sort of solution.
At least they're consistent. Getting the same level of service.

Did they make you ship the F3's back?

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
At least they're consistent. Getting the same level of service.

Did they make you ship the F3's back?
they literally told me to throw away the wheels, and I'm swapping the new wheels over since the tires will fit just fine. We originally planned to have sent to me a new complete set of wheels and tires but the persons manager said just change wheels. A complete nightmare to be honest.
Sponsored