What’s the easiest way to remove these panels. . .

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
I’m getting all kinds of plastic on plastic creaking in these panels (1-4) and I need to pull them and apply some type of lubricant or tape. What is the easiest way to do this?

8FEF8259-A1B9-4A50-8EF1-E88C28731E3C.jpeg
Sponsored

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you. This is quite helpful.

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Golf R Mk7.5 & Toyota Supra MkV
I’m getting all kinds of plastic on plastic creaking in these panels (1-4) and I need to pull them and apply some type of lubricant or tape. What is the easiest way to do this?

I had the same issues. Terrible design. I pulled all the panels off tried tessa tape and all sorts of things I ended up using a dremel and grinded away some of the the plastic tabs in areas I lined the rear of each panel with a thin butyl/foam sound deadening material. I took the aluminium bar out, removed the plastic moulding that clips into the moulding you have circled and replaced it with a thick foam that supports it underneath. If you leave this foam out after removing the plastic ring moulding the aluminium bar will vibrate.

I am of the belief that if you replace the alumium bar with something else like the cusco etc the creaking will go away. The alumium bar does nothing its purely cosmetic. Removing it will solve the problem. I like the look of it and like the OEM look.

Now that I have done all of that I have zero noise over any bumps or surface.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250

I used felt tape on all of those panels and am now creak-free. I’m putting in a 12” sub later in the week and hope that will serve as sufficient profilaxis.

Felt tape can quite effective and I find is better for some applications where things like dynamat is sometimes used.

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I used felt tape on all of those panels and am now creak-free. I’m putting in a 12” sub later in the week and hope that will serve as sufficient profilaxis.

Felt tape can quite effective and I find is better for some applications where things like dynamat is sometimes used.
Felt worked on the drivers side but for some reason despite numerous attempts the left side continued to creak. Its a trial and error thing.

Its tempting to remove the aluminium bar out for good. the seats and recline more as it does nothing to stiffen the chassis

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
The Cusco is one option, but it still mounts to the same flimsy brackets on either side. I'd powder coat it if I got it since nothing is blue in my car. I also am not a fan of the harness holes. I wish they offered a clean version.

United Speed Racing is another choice. It's cleaner, thicker and available unfinished for $350 or in red, black or custom color for a whopping $500! However, it's a bit more involving to install since the supplied bracket attaches much lower in the hatch area and more panels to remove.

https://www.unitedspeedracing.com/i...a-mkv-mk5&controller=product#/123-finish-none

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/tower-brace-and-rear-trunk-brace.7295/

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes the USR would be the one to get. Those panels come off very easily.

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok got them off. Used the felt tape and lubed the contact points with Teflon grease. Quiet as a mouse.
Sponsored