What product to use to wash and wax your MKV Supra?

SupraPaPa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Do you dry the water off the wheels after cleaning them? If not, those spots are probably related to water spots more than from the cleaner itself. The perks of ceramic coating is I use a leaf blower after every wash to blow off all the water for easy drying and prevent water spots
Yeah, I wipe the wheels down with micro fiber cloth, but the spots I am talking about are discolorations on the bare aluminum portion of the rotor (the part that has the rivets on it). Not the wheel itself. My guess, is that despite the products claim it was safe for bare aluminum, it was simply too harsh.
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
When I wash my car with a hose (very rare), I only use car shampoo and water for the wheels. I've tried wheel cleaners, etc I don't trust them as they are pretty harsh.

And some require you to wait a bit while it changes color and all the fancy.. do that in real world on a hot summer day even in the shade, the product starts drying before it can go through its full cycle and starts to stain.

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
any chance someone could give me a quick list of what I would need to wash my car. I know the microfiber towels but not sure what brands/ what exact products to get.

SupraPaPa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Honestly, the products you use will depend on your taste, what you want to spend etc. I would suggest watching several reviews on Youtube, but there are a few folks on here that can give you really good options. As for the clothe, I would suggest that Brand name is not as important as the fact that you do not want to buy the cheapest. I find that cheap micro fiber clothes inevitably leave a trail of little micro fibers, which I find extremely annoying. You also do not need to buy the most expensive, just find a good quality, with good ratings online. I use a micro fiber mitt for washing, using only the weight of the mitt itself essentially just dragging it. I also bought a foam gun, rinse, foam, then wash, then foam/rinse.

Dooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
any chance someone could give me a quick list of what I would need to wash my car. I know the microfiber towels but not sure what brands/ what exact products to get.
Yeah like @SupraPaPa said it would depend on budget and preferences. I used to use Adams wash mitt but made the change to Microfiber Madness Incredipad and itā€™s amazing! For soap, I use Adams car shampoo. Wheels and tires I use P&S brake buster and Adams wheel cleaner. For my drying aid, I use P&S bead maker. Hope this helps you out with your decision. Check out Obsessed Garage on YouTube and their website.

ZtoSupra

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜20 Supra, ā€˜08 FJ; traded ā€˜03 Touring Z
No idea if itā€™s available in the US, but Iā€™ve been using Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel. Normal routine for me is to pressure wash the whole car with just water, then spray AW on the wheels and leave it to dwell while sorting out the foam lance and things like that. Then rinse with the pressure washer again, just water, and it removes a decent amount of the muck that accumulates on the wheels making a contact wash on them a little easier. I have mine sealed with Sonax Xtreme, so that might make a slight difference but I havenā€™t noticed any between the Supra and our other car which doesnā€™t have the wheels coated.
Pressure wash?!

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
I just bought the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax also. I washed the car and realized I was out of the Gold Class spray wax. so I used the old fashioned Gold Class paste wax. Took much longer, but it was a labor of love.

Anyway, for this hybrid wax, it says to spray on the entire exterior, do they mean the glass as well?

SupraPaPa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I am finding it bothersome to continually work towards a "perfect" finish, when I want to enjoy the drive. No matter what product I put on the car, none of them seem to have to true properties they claim, and living in AZ, just driving for a weekend the car is covered in the dust it picks up off the roads around the suburbs of Phoenix, and it is not like I am out running dirt/country roads. It would be nice to find something that really does allow you to just hit it was water once it a while, watch the dust roll off, hit it with a quick retailer, and call it a day. I hate the thought of breaking down and paying for a professional ceramic coat, only to find I have the same issue. As it stands, if I head out for a one hour drive after work, it could result in a 1 hour wash, shine, glass clean etc.

Huddleston

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
See Sig
Griots and AMMO, in fact I am an ambassador for Griots and you can get 10% off by using coupon code EXPRESS at checkout.

gtshnzr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Prem., 2015 Subaru XV, 2003 MINI JCW, 1972 TR6
Vehicle Showcase
After the wheels are clean, just use a little basic spray wax (the apply wet, wipe, and dry type - turtle wax or whoever) and it helps keep the dust off and makes cleaning much easier.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
I'm a big fan of AMMONYC products. Their soap is the best imo and you can feel the quality in the suds. However you must keep the product in a controlled tempurature environment. If it gets too cold it ruins the product so you must keep it inside.

Other than that i use their soap, and then AMMO Hydrate for their hydrophobic protection. I'll go over that with Meguires Ceramic Wax and i find the protection lasts a good 6-8 months depending if i park the car outside or not.

Rob_Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra Refraction Blue
I recently stopped using wax in favor of Spray Ceramic.

Recently hit my 2015 Mustang with a compound and polish followed by 2 coats of Turtle Wax Spray Ceramic (24 hours in between coats, supposed to make it last close to a year) and it looks great and has already outlasted the usual 2 coats of wax I would put (Collinite 476 + Meguiar Carnauba).

Attachments

cactusA91

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
81Celica Supra(1st Car)/Taco/Ghia/A91 Wannabe
6/20 Build date - delivery to dealership 12/22, we picked up 12/23 - apparently sitting in Long Beach for 2-3 months they said - lots of grime. Manager was embarrassed - had set us up for detailing next week but I couldn't wait. Not their fault the car was sitting around for 6 months either.

Did a good wash with a good mitt - Chemical Guys foam wash and brand new scratch free mitt

Then carefully Mother Cali Clay Bar the entire car. Wouldn't believe the mess it was. Glue from stickers, basically destroyed a whole clay bar - threw it in the trash when I was done.

Then I went with the turtle wax ceramic spray:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XYPS3PS/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reviews were pretty good - and it had the highest percentage positives of all the cermamic spray on systems.....also fortunate to have a soft water faucet my plumber put in years ago.

Results were nice:

IMG_0325.jpeg

This is what it looked like when it came off the truck:

IMG_0299.jpeg

Last edited:

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Haven't gotten mine ceramic coated yet however I'm using Meguiars Ultimate quik wax in the meantime. I also use Meguiars tire shine and interior detailer. The ultimate quik wax lasts a long time and beads water pretty nicely.
Sponsored

Attachments