What intake works with the FTP inlet pipe?

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Hey so I currently have the BMS intake on my car coupled to the FTP charge inlet pipe, it sounds great but my BMS filter is already 2+ year olds, got it used, and I am not happy with the amount of heat it takes it, I do have the Verus turbo heat shield but still get super high IATS, sound is super important to me, but I do want to go with an open box intake that incorporates a heat shield as right now I just have the stock bottom intake box holding the BMS. I do not want to replace to the FTP inlet pipe as it was kind of a pain to install, so I want an intake that can mount up to that. I like that CTS has a nice heat shield and is still an open box design, it seems like AWE S flo has a heat shield and no inlet pipe either. any recommendations would be great as I am tired of 135-140 degree IATS after 1-2 pulls in 80 degree weather.

Thanks,

Phillip
Sponsored

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I looked up our supra intake reviews to see if anyone mentioned which inlet they used.
Unfortunately was not able to find anything.

I cannot make any guarantees, but I would go with MST if I were to pick.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
AWE S-flo will not work with the FTP inlet pipe as it requires the bottom part of the stock pipe. Kies Motorsports actually has a video where they installed the AWE and the car had the FTP pipe. They had to modify an MST inlet pipe to install the AWE intake.

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
AWE S-flo will not work with the FTP inlet pipe as it requires the bottom part of the stock pipe. Kies Motorsports actually has a video where they installed the AWE and the car had the FTP pipe. They had to modify an MST inlet pipe to install the AWE intake.

damn thank you for that, i was about to buy the one on the forum for sale rn, but ya I don't wanna modify and have to remove that inlet again. want something quick and simple, I am hearing cts may work.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
damn thank you for that, i was about to buy the one on the forum for sale rn, but ya I don't wanna modify and have to remove that inlet again. want something quick and simple, I am hearing cts may work.
Sure thing! Ironically, Iā€™m looking to buy the same persons engine cover. Haha

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Sure thing! Ironically, Iā€™m looking to buy the same persons engine cover. Haha
GL! I love my carbon engine cover, it is such a cool mod to look at it when you pop the hood

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
A question about your question: Why did you find the FTP inlet pipe difficult to install? The breather hose hookup?

Reactions: zrk

PontanB

First Name
Pontus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra-Celica-Carina-LC500 -MR2-GR Yaris
i have the FTP charge pipe kit on mine and i am using the MST V2 cold air kit and its amazing. it gives the perfect amount of turbo noise in my mind. great quality, fits well with FTP intakes, good heat shielding and it was simple to install. You could also install a ram air intake snorkel with it to keep temps down.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have both FTP pipes sitting in the garage waiting for install. Clearly I will need to get out that tool we all stick in the back of the bottom drawer of the chest for this installā€¦ patience.

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Update it does not fit. Had to get the CTS inlet

Dr. Supra

First Name
Danyoll
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Nitro Yellow
If you want to lower iats. Keep the stock airbox and either put on a snorkel or get the headlight duct.

HoosierRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I can at least confirm that the MST inlet works with several intakes, including the CTS. The stock breather fit and the coupler they give is large enough to reposition to just about anything.

Reactions: zrk

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
If you want to lower iats. Keep the stock airbox and either put on a snorkel or get the headlight duct.
Verus turbo heat shield. Saves a lot of money over the headlight duct and a lot of effort over the snorkel and does a large number for reducing IATs.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I can at least confirm that the MST inlet works with several intakes, including the CTS. The stock breather fit and the coupler they give is large enough to reposition to just about anything.
:thumbsup:
Sponsored