What is a 2020 Supra GR Premium with 1200 miles worth to TESLA?

spydox

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My Tesla-driving told me I could get an online trade-in quote for my Supra GR, for a Tesla (not that I'd DO that, I'm not going from perfect body design to fugly! ..but I was curious). So I carefully filled out their online form.

He also said you get ONE shot, can't resubmit the same VIN, and there is no appeal.

What does Tesla think my showroom-new GR with just over 1200 miles is worth- just north of $18,000 !!!

My opinion of Tesla as a corporation went from very high, to just under Yugo.. The people I once considered genius are idiots.
Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Ha not! Is that really ALL our GR's are worth!? Many I'm not just underwater - I'm at the bottom of the sea!
Yeah that Tesla quote must be in error, I think most of the big online car buying services (as well as places like Carmax) are paying $50K range on used ones.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
I mean, they're probably genius. They wouldn't offer that low if people didn't accept it. The genius is ripping off idiots.
"Ugh, we'll take that ICE POS off your hands... You're welcome, it's more than it's worth for the old dinosaur."

Reactions: zrk

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Just put in a request. They offered me $46k (hah) for my 2021 with 1500 miles, and offered me just under $40k for my wifeā€™s STI.

So, either thereā€™s something broken with your request, or itā€™s the weird way they present your value to you. They present your value as the cash youā€™ll have left AFTER payoff, not the total amount theyā€™re giving you for the car.

Cruzinbill

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Supra
Just put in a request. They offered me $46k (hah) for my 2021 with 1500 miles, and offered me just under $40k for my wifeā€™s STI.

So, either thereā€™s something broken with your request, or itā€™s the weird way they present your value to you. They present your value as the cash youā€™ll have left AFTER payoff, not the total amount theyā€™re giving you for the car.

Agreed, I just did it to test as well and was offered 50k for my 21

jordanc

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Premium Turbulence Gray | '19 Mazda CX-9
For the record - carvana offered me $54K. I was just playing around seeing what they would offer. 21 3.0 Prem w/ driver assist 1200 miles.

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Trust me itā€™s an error or just Tesla has idiots running that. If anything since itā€™s a premium used car youā€™ll probably get the exact same list price out of it. My salesman called me last week asking me about the car and was wanting to buy it back from me for 62000! Told him not a chance because I have $15,000 in it already in parts and labor alone (back when I worked at a Toyota dealer our rate was 115 an hr) so ya no thanks. Plus Iā€™ve only got 1138 miles on it since March only because Iā€™m truck driving constantly for 5 months at a time

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Trust me itā€™s an error or just Tesla has idiots running that. If anything since itā€™s a premium used car youā€™ll probably get the exact same list price out of it. My salesman called me last week asking me about the car and was wanting to buy it back from me for 62000! Told him not a chance because I have $15,000 in it already in parts and labor alone (back when I worked at a Toyota dealer our rate was 115 an hr) so ya no thanks. Plus Iā€™ve only got 1138 miles on it since March only because Iā€™m truck driving constantly for 5 months at a time
Also used car prices have sky rocketed due to shortage and the new car chip issue

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
$62,000? o_O How can they make money at that price?

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
For $62k, You should of sold
It and waited for a 2022.
Sponsored