What will be the first mods to your MkV Supra?

What will be the first mods to your MkV Supra?

• Total voters

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
As the title states, what's some of the first (if only) modifications you'll do to your new Supra when you get it. Provided it lives up to the hype and you actually buy one.

I know I've stated I may avoid performance modifications in a previous post, but there is certainly some things I'll definitely do.

Personally I would either wrap the entire car in clear 3M or another colour that's gloss. My brother has his car done from a shop and it's fantastic. I guess I had to see it in person to be a believer. I've had shitty rock chips on the front bumper of all my sports cars and commuters- I won't be doing so again. I'll make sure it's done before I even drive the thing.

The second thing I'll do is a stereo. I've always been a music guy and the factory stereo options are always similarly priced to get a good professional to install a better speaker option. Nothing ridiculous. I just want clean and clear sound that factory options fail to provide.

That's about it for me. MAYBE wheels. I've always been an Enkei guy, but I think I'll spend the extra buck on something else.

What would you do? Protune? Coil overs? Let's hear it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
:headbang::D;)

2jZlol.jpg

Edit:

I Don't plan on buying a brand new one. I think I want to wait a few years to let the hype die down. Even than I would probably pick up a decent fixer upper at the insurance auto auction. I will have a good friend that has done many 2JZ-GTE swaps for NA & MK3 Supras, SC300s, RX7s, and etc to help me out. I'm sure we're going to have some fun with this project.

Last edited:

Sun Devil

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
current: 2016 Audi A7 . Past: 996TT,997cab, 997TT, R8 V10, 13 FR-S
I'm thinking way too far ahead, but my fear is that they put out the 1st MKV and then 2-3 yrs later ... put out a more performance, more powerful track version .... which is what I want. I may just lease the 1st one which will give me easier options later.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ I think we may see this especially if Toyota is planning to invest heavy on a sports line division.

I'm going to try to keep it stock as long as possible but I can see wheels, possibly coilovers. Maybe a few bolt-ons down the road depending on what Toyota supplies underneath the hood.

formsracing

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3
I'm thinking way too far ahead, but my fear is that they put out the 1st MKV and then 2-3 yrs later ... put out a more performance, more powerful track version .... which is what I want. I may just lease the 1st one which will give me easier options later.
This is what I fear as well. I would be okay with if Toyota comes right out the gate with the top line Supra, and then maybe do a special "GTS" or Gazoo tuned track model. But I would not want them to do a mid-cycle refresh ( think Porsche .1 and .2 models) or annual updates a la the GTR.

Hopefully, we get some kind of information as to where Toyota plans to go with this with the reveal. Honestly just thinking about picking up a used GTR for a few years, then see.

To answer OP's question though, definitely coils and wheels. Possibly exhaust, but that depends on how the car sounds out the box.

Villa Jonny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus [V8] RCF, Camry [V6] SE
Vehicle Showcase
Not a guy to go crazy on mods. Mostly just do simple stuff like wheels, suspension, tint and occasionally air filter/intake. . Will probably do the same thing for the new Supra.. :dunno:

OP
OP
Haros

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
I was thinking about this the other night actually. What's Toyota's history with This? I'm thinking they don't do it nearly as often as say, Nissan

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I'm making a downpipe and full 3" turboback first thing. Then I'm driving it over to Sound Performance and I'm getting Larry to take a crack at the encryption on the ECU. I'll see how far we can push the car :D

OP
OP
Haros

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
I'm making a downpipe and full 3" turboback first thing. Then I'm driving it over to Sound Performance and I'm getting Larry to take a crack at the encryption on the ECU. I'll see how far we can push the car :D
Must be nice to have connections! Unfortunately my Dyno and motor guy only work on motorcycles. Be hard to Dyno one wheel haha.

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
4lb Shorai Lithium Battery, subframe collars, resonated Test pipes and a Tune as soon as EcuTEK cracks the ecu. will wait on the rest of exhaust to see (EDIT: hear) the options (or would just make my own)

also i hope they opt for good tires; Michelin Pilot 4S specifically like the new M5. otherwise these are going on the mods list too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Haros

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
100% this.
Little story actually:
when I had my GTR I saw some chicken bones on my windshield.
I though to myself " what the fuck?" but not more than that.

Next day I saw another chicken bone and thought surely some homeless guy or some shit is fucking with me but I'll keep an eye out.
Come back 2 hours later to go shopping and there is trash all over my roof.

What the fuck.

I'm checking my dash cam ready to deck whoever is messing around my hard-to-keep-shiney black paint and low and behold... it was a crow. The thing would fly from who knows where just to eat garbage on my car, that little bastard.

Sunspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I like big rear ends and I cannot lie.
curb feelers, white reflector tape, LED valve stem caps. everybody talks about a "cat back exhaust"..so I'm going to get a "panther back exhaust".
Sponsored