Whats the best trickle charger for 2021 supra?

Supraprobs

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra
Winter is fast approaching, I was wondering what would be the best trickle charger to use on my 2021 Supra, links would be appreciated as well, thanks in advance!
Sponsored

NewGuy

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium,18 X5 M
I don't drive my car often, maybe two or three times a week. Would you guys recommend I get a trickle charger? My car basically sits in the garage all week.

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2005 Z4
I use the Battery Tender 4 amp charger on my Z4 that sits for weeks or months at a time.

I don't drive my car often, maybe two or three times a week. Would you guys recommend I get a trickle charger? My car basically sits in the garage all week.
If you're driving the car two or three times a week you shouldn't have any battery issues or need for a tender.

NewGuy

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium,18 X5 M
I use the Battery Tender 4 amp charger on my Z4 that sits for weeks or months at a time.

If you're driving the car two or three times a week you shouldn't have any battery issues or need for a tender.
Sounds good, thank you.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I use this for all my cars: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QPSNZPP

I absolutely love it. I've had three or four other trickle charges over the years and didn't like them. A Battery Tender (too slow, not enough info, no AGM), a Schumacher (would report 100% when it wasn't), and some other Autozone special (slow).

But this one is amazing. Clear and detailed UI, charges very quickly, has jump/starter assist for the tiny 11-pound battery in my track car, has nice long cables. So glad I bought it.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Definitely get a tender. These cars draw a ton of battery upon start up or when the car isnā€™t on. Get a battery tender that has a voltage readout. Max charge is about 14.7 volts.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
Has anyone been able to get a trickle charger that plugs into the 12v plug and have it work with ignition off? In my Porsche that 12v plug is live all the time, I don't think our Supra cars are live all the time. Has anyone come up with a solution?

Sikh_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the bmw car tender and it works great, took about 2 days to fully charge the battery and kept it around 99-100% from there on. Donā€™t need to unplug at all.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
I bought the bmw car tender and it works great, took about 2 days to fully charge the battery and kept it around 99-100% from there on. Donā€™t need to unplug at all.
I have a CTEK charger/maintainer with the 12v socket adapter, but the car can't seem to keep constant power to the 12v socket. It shuts off in my car.
Sponsored