Wheel Alignment needed after Lowering Springs?

MKV_Ant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I recently just got my H&R springs installed a couple weeks ago... its beautiful and riding great!

I know its best to do a wheel alignment after a couple weeks when the springs has settled, but no dealership wants to do it! Mechanics are saying it’s not just a normal wheel alignment and can cost up $500... he mentioned something about one-time-use bolts when doing an alignment... anyways the mechanic test drove my car and basically said I don’t need one anyways. Has anyone had this problem? I still want to get my wheels aligned but should I just do it at a local shop?
Sponsored

Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 S2k, 09 Aerorace, 07 Y61, 14 1500 Denali
Vehicle Showcase
I recently just got my H&R springs installed a couple weeks ago... its beautiful and riding great!

I know its best to do a wheel alignment after a couple weeks when the springs has settled, but no dealership wants to do it! Mechanics are saying it’s not just a normal wheel alignment and can cost up $500... he mentioned something about one-time-use bolts when doing an alignment... anyways the mechanic test drove my car and basically said I don’t need one anyways. Has anyone had this problem? I still want to get my wheels aligned but should I just do it at a local shop?
$500? That's crazy! No way he can tell if the car needs an alignment after a test drive.

As far as the alignment goes the front camber/caster is not adjustable. The only work to be done is to restore OEM front/rear toe and rear camber, and nothing their uses one-time-use bolts.

phm14

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hakone 86, '18 Tundra 4x4, '15 4Runner Trail
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, you should always get your alignment checked after changing ride height. Sometimes, the car may not be in spec when it leaves the factory. A good alignment shop will have corner scales, but corner weighting is not involved in oem spec alignments. I've never paid $500, even for corner weighting/track set up.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
One time use bolts? That's hilarious!!! My steering wheel was off center when I took delivery of the car. My dealer did a full alignment for me to center the wheel and bring it all back into spec (it was technically "in spec" but a few numbers were only just there). They picked up the cost as part of delivery, but would have only changed me $90 if I paid.

AndyMy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020 launch edition
Vehicle Showcase

I had h and r speing too, stop by toyota dealer let.them scan. They said i dont need one, everything look good on computer

TURBOlence

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I had h and r speing too, stop by toyota dealer let.them scan. They said i dont need one, everything look good on computer
But did they really "scan" it though? I dont trust it.

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
That is very surprising, it must have been out of spec to start with ?

Your front camber will increase (non-adjustable) as will your rear.

Your toe in/out will change front & rear.

Mine needed adjusting from factory it had 1/8" too much toe in & we increased rear camber

It required adjusting after I put the H&R springs in, it had a little too much rear camber

I can't recall the toe adjustments but they both needed doing.

bgneon

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition #1027
Hey guys. I just lowered my Supra over the weekend with H&R springs. I brought it to the dealership for alignment and they told me they couldn't drive it on the ramps that it was to low. So I brought it to another shop that they recommended. They were able to align the rear but not the front. From what I understand from reading the above the front camber cant be fixed, so my question is does someone sell some kind of part that i can order and install because the alignment shop told me the front to tires were 2.5 and that that was bad. Thoughts/opinions?

Second question is he said he could only align the rear to 1.5. Is there any kits to align the rear better?

What's everyone else experience with alignment after H&R spring install and their #'s?

Lastly he said my front strut bearings are binding that is causing the creaking/popping noise in the cab, that something on the install went wrong. Anyone experience this before or have any tips and tricks as to what to look for on the top strut bearing, for when I look at it again this weekend?
Thanks for any anysight you may have guys.

J_Orr

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra Mk5, Nissan S14, Fiesta ST150, Peugeot 205 STDT
Vehicle Showcase
Take it to someone who knows what they are talking about.

Nothing wrong with that amount of positive camber, actually better for handling. It will just mean your tyres will wear on the inside edge slightly faster.

Main thing to get fixed is the toe. But after fitting mine the toe was hardly effected.

TWiTCHY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium
Here’s my before and after alignment measurements after H&R lowering springs. Without the alignment I was experiencing side-to-side bouncing coming off some bumps in the road and it no longer does that now.

image.jpg

bgneon

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition #1027
Here’s my before and after alignment measurements after H&R lowering springs. Without the alignment I was experiencing side-to-side bouncing coming off some bumps in the road and it no longer does that now.

image.jpg
Thank you Twitchy
Sponsored