👣 Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I would not, I honestly can’t say I’d buy one even if it came with a manual before. One of the reasons I didn’t enjoy my Mustang was it was stick, the A10 was soooo much faster and all the work I did just to watch the auto be way faster sucked, the high Hp manual car just wasn’t as fun. I work from home so my cars a weekend car and it’s just not as fun as the A10 was or the ZF8 in the Supra for me.

All that said I loved the manual in my ”big turbo” ST. Just for some reason wasn’t my thing in the mustang.

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ah yes… the weekly “I have a source Toyota is doing x,y,z” thread…

anyone with a bmw “source” hear this rumor for the z4?

I doubt they are doing a manual. If they do then great for them.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I mean they have the option but I highly doubt this is going to be the case. The fact they wouldn’t have done it in the first place as an option to test the market seems odd and the fact they would wait until the Z comes out means they lost a lot of opportunity they would have had otherwise.
either way I wouldn’t be trading mine in. I love the ZF, I sold my manual in order to buy my Supra because I’m tired of stick in stop and go traffic

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
1636032706478.jpeg

ktownva

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 2.0
I've purchased 3 Toyota's since 2018 and 2 of them were from the same salesman. He also owns a Supra as I do, but a 2021 not 2020.
He was at my place last week and we were talking about tuning and racing etc. I asked if he was going to tune once they could crack the ecu on his 21. So he told me he was actually thinking about selling his already. Before I could ask why, he told me Toyota is coming out with a manual Supra next year. I was like, what, really ? and he said yes. It's not public yet but it looks like it will be happening soon.
I think that's great news ! There's a lot of people who would prefer manual or have purchased something else instead so they could have a manual. I at least think there should be the option.
I drove manuals for years when I was younger and I actually just bought a 2021 Tacoma 6 speed manual.

So my question is, would you buy a manual Supra and or trade, sell your existing Supra for a manual ?
No, I haven’t rowed my own gears in decades. I don’t remember it being that much more fun either. The ZF8 goes 1, 2, 3 much faster and smoother than I could.

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
Not a chance. I'm extremely happy with the car as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.