👣 Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Oh man! That didn't take long :p:D was fishing for more :rofl:

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Anyone that thinks Toyota would quietly release a 6MT option is definitely on the spectrum. Literally the only reason for them to do so would be to generate "buzz" in a dead year (which arguably 2022 is). If they do it at all, I'd guess a very limited edition with ridiculous markup but no actual improvements. They'll probably spend close to a year hyping the shit out of it before release, if they ever did.

However, to answer the OP... sure, I'd love one - but not if it has a BMW 6MT... which it would be of course.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I totally missed the fake manual add on. Was really focus on the price jump. When did the MSRP increase to $54.6k?
It didn't, I'm pretty sure it's related to the supply shortage in which the base 3.0 model is sold out / not available at the moment.

Jaxness

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra LE #1292, 2012 Yamaha R6
I believe it to be true. I have a friend in Los Angeles that drives prototype cars and reports back on their drivability. He sent me a video of him driving a manual MKV, because he knows the auto is the only thing I dislike about my Supra. He's not capable of the level of video editing skills required to fake it, and it looks pretty damn real to me.

And I obviously won't post the video and risk his job, so I expect a lot of "yea right" responses.
But if any of you are local and want to see, I'd be happy to share, lol.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
I believe it to be true. I have a friend in Los Angeles that drives prototype cars and reports back on their drivability. He sent me a video of him driving a manual MKV, because he knows the auto is the only thing I dislike about my Supra. He's not capable of the level of video editing skills required to fake it, and it looks pretty damn real to me.

And I obviously won't post the video and risk his job, so I expect a lot of "yea right" responses.
But if any of you are local and want to see, I'd be happy to share, lol.
Just a screen shot please.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
This would be interesting but it seems weird they would only do it for the last 2 or 3 years of production

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
This would be interesting but it seems weird they would only do it for the last 2 or 3 years of production
Wonder if they plan on the Supra being a decade long car... taking cues from nissan.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.