👣 Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
Since I dont drag race or anything, a manual would be amazing to have. I dont care if I can't shift as fast. I truly just enjoy shifting the gears myself and using a clutch pedal. It makes an ordinary drive feel much more engaged and fun.

&& on top of that, it's a great theft deterrent. Most young kids nowadays dont know how to drive them, so good luck trying to steal the car

Chgu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2013 FR-S
&& on top of that, it's a great theft deterrent. Most young kids nowadays dont know how to drive them, so good luck trying to steal the car
Stealing a modern car with immobilizers, remote kill switches (BMW/Supra Connect) and GPS tracking requires them to acquire the key from you, use special hardware and software to let themselves in, or tow it off. In that case, I’d guess that a manual is low on the list of deterrents.

And most of those “kids” will just watch a YouTube video and try to learn how to drive a manual on the fly (there are stories of them buying a manual FRS or the like and learning on the way home). But again, it’s not like these are easy to steal to begin with.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Since I dont drag race or anything, a manual would be amazing to have. I dont care if I can't shift as fast. I truly just enjoy shifting the gears myself and using a clutch pedal. It makes an ordinary drive feel much more engaged and fun.
Yup. This is probably the best answer. I do drag race, that’s what I bought this car far, the advantage is real.

If it was a daily driver, I’d absolutely love a manual. I still have an M2CS in my sights.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I am really impressed with the ZF8. The key to a good auto is it's predictability and it's control. Does it do exactly as you expect, every time? I've found even newer performance DCT will still not hold gears, still not shift up 3 gears in quick succession - but the ZF8 does exactly as it's told.

That said, if a manual becomes available.... It will become a difficult decision.

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
Absolutely 100% will get an mkv Supra to match my Mkiv if they offer a manual. No hesitation. I’m just waiting

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350
Still hopeful that the A90 will come with a manual transmission. If Toyota wants to capture any potential buyer still on the fence, they better release this before the new Z comes out.

My personal plans are to get into a manual A90 as soon as it comes out vs GR86 until the initial Corvette C8 Z06 excitement/markup dies down. If a manufacturer is going to force us to take an automated gearbox only, it better be special like the Z06.

muckduck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 95 Supra TT, 2008 T4R
I recently sold my A91 Supra and got back into a manual e46 m3. Much more fun. Track times will suffer, but im not a time attack driver or anything.

If Toyota brings a manual Supra, I'll be one of the first to buy it 100%.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
So what's stopping you guys from buying a GR86/BRZ? You don't care that it's slower you all say, it has a manual, there you go. And you save a few bucks.

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
So what's stopping you guys from buying a GR86/BRZ? You don't care that it's slower you all say, it has a manual, there you go. And you save a few bucks.
I’m perfectly content with my ZF, but for me, having come from the previous gen 86, I’d have to say lack of refinement in the interior and with the ride. And the sound of that engine, it doesn’t sound anything like as good as the Supra.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I’m perfectly content with my ZF, but for me, having come from the previous gen 86, I’d have to say lack of refinement in the interior and with the ride. And the sound of that engine, it doesn’t sound anything like as good as the Supra.
Agreed. I love the cabin. And this is the first performance car where I left the suspension alone because it's so good stock.

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
I own two already... both faster than the Supra and both now less reliable.

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Agreed. I love the cabin. And this is the first performance car where I left the suspension alone because it's so good stock.
+1 on the suspension (though I upgraded my roll bars).

Another thought about the 86: there’s no doubt it feels a bit sharper, and it does have that 10/10ths quality, which makes it more playful on the street. The Supra has a playful chassis but I’m pretty restrained on the street because the car does like to rotate and that takes space. The 86 is easier for me to chuck into a corner and clean up the mess as I go along. I’m sure a bit more seat time at AX will help inspire confidence.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
All my other Supras are manual, it'd be nice to match them. But unless I can do it for not a lot of cost difference, I'll stick with the ZF8.

muckduck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 95 Supra TT, 2008 T4R
not meaning to start anythign here, but cmon you seriously saying that the difference in speed between a ZF and manual supra is the same between the supra and a BRZ...

A manual Supra is still "fast," does it squeeze out every ms out there, no, but the BRZ is not in the same class.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.