👣 Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
I believe it to be true. I have a friend in Los Angeles that drives prototype cars and reports back on their drivability. He sent me a video of him driving a manual MKV, because he knows the auto is the only thing I dislike about my Supra. He's not capable of the level of video editing skills required to fake it, and it looks pretty damn real to me.

And I obviously won't post the video and risk his job, so I expect a lot of "yea right" responses.
But if any of you are local and want to see, I'd be happy to share, lol.
You’re famous now. 86k people have seen this post ?

Starts at 7:15

Sponsored

Last edited:

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
"Itz cuming BROZ!!! My buddy who works at Toyota is taking orders on them already!!! SUCK IT NISSAN Z"

Exia

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 M7 Corvette Z06, 2022 M3 Competition xDrive
I'd line up for a manual Supra, its the only thing holding me back from one. I doubt I'm the only one on the fence or who likes the Supra but has avoided it due to the automatic.

Considering the amount of Supra sales I think the people who want an automatic have probably bought one and in the current sea of new performance cars offering a manual is a good way to bring back the hype for the car, even better if they offer the detuned S58 from the M3 with a manual. I'd buy an S58 manual Supra in a heartbeat, hopefully the shifter looks better then the one in the BMW.

muckduck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 95 Supra TT, 2008 T4R
I'd line up for a manual Supra, its the only thing holding me back from one. I doubt I'm the only one on the fence or who likes the Supra but has avoided it due to the automatic.

Considering the amount of Supra sales I think the people who want an automatic have probably bought one and in the current sea of new performance cars offering a manual is a good way to bring back the hype for the car, even better if they offer the detuned S58 from the M3 with a manual. I'd buy an S58 manual Supra in a heartbeat, hopefully the shifter looks better then the one in the BMW.

agree with you. I bought a ZF supra and honestly it was fun. Liked it. But missed a manual. Now I have a manual e46 m3, I kind of miss the supra (style and engine/chassis), and I owned a supra a long time ago so nostalgia.

Also Toyota is making me choose...supra or 6 speed car. If they released a dam 6 speed Supra it would be perfect!

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
So what's stopping you guys from buying a GR86/BRZ? You don't care that it's slower you all say, it has a manual, there you go. And you save a few bucks.
Easy, I dont want a shitty subaru boxer motor ever again and I really dont want a slow NA platform. Especially for 7000ft above sea level. But what I do want is 400ish hp with a manual. Hoping to do that with the Supra, but the Z will be the choice if Toyota doesnt offer it. I dont care losing .5 seconds, but I do care losing 3 seconds which for me, will probably be worse with that NA at my altitude.

And finally, I would like to match my other Supra. Ive been a Supra Enthusiast for 2 decades and I still love shifting my own gears

You are not alone. Also been holding out for the manual. S58 manual would be the dream! But ill even take the B58 Manual at this point, but I still want it on the inline 6. If they put it on the 4cyl only, im done with Toyota for good.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
If they do come out with a manual Supra (which I believe to be true) I just wonder if it will be on some limited special edition 3.0 version and they jack up the price. Like the 2022 CF edition.

I hope not, but nothing surprises me anymore.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
It just doesn’t make sense. BMW makes the entire car. They would make the trans. And they wouldn’t call it a « Supra » trans

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350
Hope that's forreals. Don't tease us like that.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
It just doesn’t make sense. BMW makes the entire car. They would make the trans. And they wouldn’t call it a « Supra » trans
BMW doesn't make the trans. It's a third party like Brembo. They just order the one they want for that particular model.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
BMW doesn't make the trans. It's a third party like Brembo. They just order the one they want for that particular model.
It’s made by Friedrichshafen specifically for BMWs. I assume they will use them since they used the 8HP51.

Idk and no one else does either. I’ll be denying it until they officially release it.

kaiv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46, E39

Considering the amount of Supra sales I think the people who want an automatic have probably bought one and in the current sea of new performance cars offering a manual is a good way to bring back the hype for the car, even better if they offer the detuned S58 fr
You're definitely not the only one. I really like the car but the transmission is holding me back too.

agree with you. I bought a ZF supra and honestly it was fun. Liked it. But missed a manual. Now I have a manual e46 m3, I kind of miss the supra (style and engine/chassis), and I owned a supra a long time ago so nostalgia.

Also Toyota is making me choose...supra or 6 speed car. If they released a dam 6 speed Supra it would be perfect!
Manual E46 M3 owner here too. FWIW I also had a F8X M Competition DCT for some time. That car has a stronger engine and sportier trans than the Supra and yet it still got boring (to me) eventually.

On the other hand I also have plenty of seat time in manual BMW 135 (N54, N55, various level of tuning). These cars can be loads of fun. A manual Supra would have all that potential and then some.

Status
Not open for further replies.