Where to put the jackstands??

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Possibly a really stupid question, I see where the Jack goes, but if my Jack goes where it supposed to where the hell am I supposed to put the jack stand? Anybody have any help on this?
Sponsored

ShinDohyun

First Name
Dohyun
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
OP
OP
GoldenEye

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Stupid BMW, why they always gotta make shit harder than it has to be, lol…

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
What would be nice is if there was a direct replacement for those shitty plastic jack points to make them aluminum or something. Attach it once and never thing about it again.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
What would be nice is if there was a direct replacement for those shitty plastic jack points to make them aluminum or something. Attach it once and never thing about it again.
Or just crush them/remove them the first time and never think about it again.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I drive up / back up onto my Megan Racing Ramps for either the front or the back

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1136860483...zGppB+/b/VQzGjGgdigCXLoeCVag|tkp:BFBM9PCLpLdg

For the front - I jack up from the front jackpoint and then put jackstands on the front subframe.

For the back - I jack up from the rear on the differential and then use the rear side jackpoints with pads and put jackstands on there. You WILL NEED wheel chocks to do this.

20220421_115325.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoldenEye

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I have a set of ramps, but they’re from the 40’s I think, ya know, the big thick red ones like two feet tall and weigh about 50lbs each, lol. I might go look at some new ones today, car will be ice cold so I’ll still have my finger prints when I’m done swapping the downpipe 🤣😂

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I have a set of ramps, but they’re from the 40’s I think, ya know, the big thick red ones like two feet tall and weigh about 50lbs each, lol. I might go look at some new ones today, car will be ice cold so I’ll still have my finger prints when I’m done swapping the downpipe 🤣😂
Not too many ramps at a store that I have looked at will work well with a stock supra. I use these cheap megan ramps below to lift the car up enough to get a jack underneath it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1136860483...zGppB+/b/VQzGjGgdigCXLoeCVag|tkp:BFBM9PCLpLdg

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Seems very similar to my old MX5; floor jack under the engine and diff, jack stand on the pinch welds near front/rear wheels.

Is the issue with the material where the jack stand would go? They cover the seem with plastic?

What do shops with lifts do? I mean, I'd figure the BMW/Toyota dealers know about it -- but what about a mom and pop? Hell, what about if i'm stuck on the side of the road with a flat the goop won't fix? Odd.

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Just looked under the car. Bizarre. There are little square cut outs where the jack would go. What the hell are you supposed to do with those???

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I’m sure it’s been said before but there are plenty of jack pads to choose from for BMWs. Another option, I made small wood blocks that fill the center and stick out 1/4” to correspond with blocks I created for my QuickJacks. Off of that, you could always make the wood blocks and glue them into the jack points to always have the center filled so it’s flush.
Sponsored