Who does valet parking?

lando1432

First Name
Lando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 VW Cross Sport
Took the supra on a small vacation, got an Airbnb and in 1 of them they only had Free Valet parking. I ask they guy if I could park it my self he said nope.. I even told him i'll give you $25 to park it my self he still said no.. So I said never mind let me go park some where else. The guys (2) where just staring at the car like Ohh yeah ?... The wife told me she saw them looking at each other like excited to drive it... You guys think im just overthinking or took it a little over board by not doing valet?
Have you guys ever had it valet park and left the keys overnight?
Sponsored

BobbyC1221

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
At an air bnbā€¦ I wouldnā€™t let them touch it. At a legit, nice place that uses a insured valet service, sure.

If I can use valet, I typically do. But I always make sure they see me looking at the miles before I get out. I rarely do look but I just make them think that. ? most valets Iā€™ve seen have been very professional. Didnā€™t look all excited or anything when I pull up.

If it were some teenagers, I wouldnā€™t let them touch it.

Itā€™s odd that a air bnb (or anything really) REQUIRE valet. Thatā€™s just weird imo. Anywhere Iā€™ve been to, lets you park yourself if you wanted. Even the free ones. I just do it bc itā€™s easier and not my cost if a drink idiot scratches my doors (or worse) parking next to me.

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
If you didnā€™t want to let the valet park your car, you shouldnā€™t have expected him to say yes. Its his job. Its probably against his employerā€™s policies. The company he works for would be liable if your car was damaged.

NoCrust

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 30T, 2017 Acura MDX
I live just outside of Philadelpha so a lot of our date nights include center city and old city. Most of the restaurants have valet parking which is cheaper then a parking garage, which I have used multiple times. However I will not take the Supra into the city so I donā€™t have to let them valet park it. When you see what they do here makes you cringe, park them half on curbs, side by side with inces of each other, and fly up to you like they are driving a nascar. Iā€™m the wifeā€™s MDX Iā€™m ok with this in the Supra never.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I'd never valet... Really depends on what Supra means to you. I babied it, got upset even when I scuffed it myself.
Not trusting some random person revving, burning out, playing, changing shit... we've seen dealers joyriding C8s, etc...
I'd not trust the gps that much. Coverage disappears in parking lots, underground or not.... And anyone who spends 2 seconds in settings can opt out...

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I worked at a high end restaurant for 5 years as a valet and never had an issue. We had a small lot thatā€™s apart of the restaurant and the restaurant is extremely well known for tourists from all over the world to visit and go to when they come. Because of the fact itā€™s a smaller lot we had to park it vs letting guests park themselves. The main reason was liability. If we had an issue where a guests car got damaged it was covered. If someone self parked and crashed into a guests car that we had parked in valet it became a much larger issue.
I distinctly remember a woman and her husband trying to park their old pos forester next to an Aston Martin vantage I had parked and they were being the biggest pita

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
You can trust a high-end restaurant valet, but not some rando Airbnb valet. What's that anyhow.
Many businesses separate valet lot for that exact reason besides availability...

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
When I was young was a valet in Chicago. One day these kids brought their Daddyā€™s super rare Ferrari in. It was choice.
Needless to say we skipped out and put a couple hundred really fun and fast miles on it.
Think he said his name was Abe Froman

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Donā€™t care how rich I am. I wouldnā€™t let anyone else but someone I trust 100% touch or take care of sentimental or valued things of mine. Let alone the things that my friends or family own. Hence why I try not to give shitty recommendations. There are always exceptions however

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
trust 100% touch or take care of sentimental or valued things of mine.
See - in my mind, which is clearly different than yours, life is to short to give a shit about things. Things are things. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
See - in my mind, which is clearly different than yours, life is to short to give a shit about things. Things are things. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Agree and agree. Plus, my restaurant downtown has the hottest valet chick you have ever seen. When I pull up every Friday at 5, the other valets know I only let her park it. ? To zrkā€™s point then: if she were to do anything to it, Iā€™d be like, ā€whatevs, itā€™s just a car.ā€

jreinlie4

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Opinion:
I agree with the idea that sometimes you just have to let go. Most of us worked really hard to put ourselves in a position in life to splurge on an impractical sports car. With that comes a protective behavior to preserve what you worked hard for, so much so that we may not even drive our cars in some situations out of fear. Don't become the old C5 owner that waxes their car every weekend and never drives it anywhere. I'd happily accept a couple scratches to know I enjoyed my time with the Supra. Valets can be trusted in most cases. Put your energy into enjoying the people and venue you drove to rather than the parking situation.