Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
well looking at your list of what BMW was lacking from your previous post, I'm not so sure I would consider them as being "best" in anything to collaborate on lol...meanwhile Mercedes introduces a new series of inline 6 engines... Just upsetting that Toyota couldn't believe in themselves a little more and take total accountability on this project.
They introduce it NOW, they didn't introduce it in 2012

SupraStew85

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1985 Supra (1jz vvti swap incoming) 2004 V8 4Runner
You do realize that you are the only one that says/claims completely differently from all other sources yet not a single word or hint from Toyota is backing up a single thing you claim.

I just find it interesting. I’ll leave you and your minions be but this thread smells funny.
Um... you do realize that as a grown adult you can choose to ignore certain sources if you choose ? If you want to pollute other threads with your opinion then go for it. This tread is one of the only spaces left on this forum that some of the true enthusiasts can turn to get info from an insider who is choosing to take time from their day to deliver info and provide answers to the best of their knowledge. 100% accurate or not, much of the information we've learned here from a70 would otherwise be withheld until launch. So please for everyone else sake go somewhere else...

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
You do realize that you are the only one that says/claims completely differently from all other sources yet not a single word or hint from Toyota is backing up a single thing you claim.

I just find it interesting. I’ll leave you and your minions be but this thread smells funny.
Actually hes not. Moto (guy pictured below and a good friend of Tada) also hinted at a lot of stuff that has been mention by A70. You can read all about it on his different social media platforms: FB, IG, and Club4AG.

1. New engine with special material for the block.
2. Weights around 3,150lbs.
3. More than just a reskin BMW Z4.

IMG_3515-e1532128068734.jpg

adprokid

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
--
Fangirls and PR agents are working at full force, this botched project Supra should have been an in house design, power around 500-570hp starting at $80K with optional paddle shifters.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Fangirls and PR agents are working at full force, this botched project Supra should have been an in house design, power around 500-570hp starting at $80K with optional paddle shifters.
So, a car no one of the regular public can afford reasonably? Understood.

upnsmoke

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota MR2 GT, Nismo 370Z , Subaru Liberty Outback
The poll makes me laugh a bit because this Supra is using a Z4 chassis, engine and pretty much structure under the panels and resin parts.
But the expectations that its an NSX (Honda and Acura's flagship sub-exotic slash super car type of vehicle) and GTR (Nissan's and Infiniti's flagship Porsche 911 beater and deemed practical super car) is ridiculous....

Toyota's flagship vehicles are under the Lexus brand... hence why they are partnering up with others to help with Toyota branded sports cars.

If anyone here has worked with Lexus and Toyota Japanese engineers over there you would know that Lexus has their own levels and on the higher floors and all the engineering experience that worked on the 90s sports cars are mostly working under the Lexus brand now... they even have different work staff jackets and hats. Lexus is Toyota's supercar and premium performance division... the NSX and GTR competitors are the ISF, GSF, RCF, LSF (soon), LC500 (soon LC-F) and the LFA (Soon LFA replacement).

BMW will also soup-up their Z4 with their M division...

Toyota has Gazoo (replaces TRD Japan as tuning/race division) to produce a race-track version, which will be stripped down enough so its not road legal and would be available for racing teams to produce race cars globally.

This Supra is a hard-top, Toyota-styled Z4.... which is GREAT, affordable and good bang for your buck at that market range... its not going to beat Porsches nor GTRs... stock anyways, but its a good alternative for people stuck between the 370Z (soon 400ZX) and GTRs and even upper tier Corvettes.

In essence the LC500 and RCF are the modern day "Supras", as in Toyota's flagship sports cars that arent super-elite rare like the LFA is....

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
The poll makes me laugh a bit because this Supra is using a Z4 chassis, engine and pretty much structure under the panels and resin parts.
But the expectations that its an NSX (Honda and Acura's flagship sub-exotic slash super car type of vehicle) and GTR (Nissan's and Infiniti's flagship Porsche 911 beater and deemed practical super car) is ridiculous....

Toyota's flagship vehicles are under the Lexus brand... hence why they are partnering up with others to help with Toyota branded sports cars.

If anyone here has worked with Lexus and Toyota Japanese engineers over there you would know that Lexus has their own levels and on the higher floors and all the engineering experience that worked on the 90s sports cars are mostly working under the Lexus brand now... they even have different work staff jackets and hats. Lexus is Toyota's supercar and premium performance division... the NSX and GTR competitors are the ISF, GSF, RCF, LSF (soon), LC500 (soon LC-F) and the LFA (Soon LFA replacement).

BMW will also soup-up their Z4 with their M division...

Toyota has Gazoo (replaces TRD Japan as tuning/race division) to produce a race-track version, which will be stripped down enough so its not road legal and would be available for racing teams to produce race cars globally.

This Supra is a hard-top, Toyota-styled Z4.... which is GREAT, affordable and good bang for your buck at that market range... its not going to beat Porsches nor GTRs... stock anyways, but its a good alternative for people stuck between the 370Z (soon 400ZX) and GTRs and even upper tier Corvettes.

In essence the LC500 and RCF are the modern day "Supras", as in Toyota's flagship sports cars that arent super-elite rare like the LFA is....
I agree with this

Yet the LC and RCF weigh more than the R35 and NC1

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I think I've mentioned this before, but, the release of this car is almost exactly as drawn out as the 86's was. And this forum has been exactly like FT86Club during those early days. We fought and complained and speculated and prayed about a thousand different things, AE86 enthusiasts came and expressed their disgust for Toyota's "lack of heritage" and then left, and people complained about power and engine type and reliability and build quality and cost, etc, etc. In the end, though, the car came out, it was really good, and most everyone was happy. And from there the forum transitioned to being an owner's club rather than an opinion board. I have no doubt this will be the same way, so you guys really don't need to stress too much about writing manifestos to Toyota or battling opinions of your peers that you may not agree with. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
I've think mentioned this before, but, the release of this car is almost exactly as drawn out as the 86's was. And this forum has been exactly like FT86Club during those early days. We fought and complained and speculated and prayed about a thousand different things, AE86 enthusiasts came and expressed their disgust for Toyota's "lack of heritage" and then left, and people complained about power and engine type and reliability and build quality and cost, etc, etc. In the end, though, the car came out, it was really good, and most everyone was happy. And from there the forum transitioned to being an owner's club rather than an opinion board. I have no doubt this will be the same way, so you guys really don't need to stress too much about writing manifestos to Toyota or battling opinions of your peers that you may not agree with. :thumbsup:
While I agree with you that it may end up the same way.. there are large differences between the two projects..

1) FRS/BRZ was an all JDM car.
2) It was a new name for the car even though they did reference the 86 in certain markets. It was mainly a new car that used the formula from the past.
3) If the Supra name was not used here... the comparisons will stop and people will take this Zupra for what it is as opposed to pitching it against the past.
4) last time japs and Germans allied.. japan ended up with two nuclear bombs in its backyard.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
While I agree with you that it may end up the same way.. there are large differences between the two projects..

1) FRS/BRZ was an all JDM car.
2) It was a new name for the car even though they did reference the 86 in certain markets. It was mainly a new car that used the formula from the past.
3) If the Supra name was not used here... the comparisons will stop and people will take this Zupra for what it is as opposed to pitching it against the past.
4) last time japs and Germans allied.. japan ended up with two nuclear bombs in its backyard.
Lmaoo yes, the axis of evil usually spells trouble. No doubt it won't be exactly the same, but I think both myself and the some of the OG FT86Club guys all kind of sit back and chuckle because of all the similarities between the two projects. Either way, not stressing about it is important! :thumbsup:
Sponsored