Why I'm NOT Hyped About The New Toyota Supra

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
The M4, M2, RCF, RS5, etc... don’t have 4?doors. Whats your point? I wasn’t the one who brought up the sedans, the other guy did. All I said was, I hate the fact that the not-so-special modular engine from BMW will be used for Toyota’s next “halo” car. We all know BMW motors M or not, are junk. Come on man, keep up!
Who is “we all know BMW motors M or not, are junk?” That’s a strong accusation, it’s comments like these that you make, with nothing to back it up. What are you basing this on? The mod abilities, potential, reliability, cost, etc??

We already know, you don’t like German cars or euros, you stated this already, and are biased about your opinions. And that’s ok, no different than some of the domestic and euro crowds.

No hate from me btw, and nothing wrong with people modding 1000 hp cars, making it clear, different strokes for different folks.
Sponsored

50_Tiger

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC350F
I brought up the Lexus vehicles because I still dont understand why Toyota didn't just use the LC engine or the LS TTv6 engine that the new IS will get.

50_Tiger

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC350F
Do you honestly think they're going to put the V35 in the IS?
The Lexus Dealership I buy from (Park Place Plano) is about a mile from Toyota HQ and my sales rep and service manager believe so. May be a toned down version but Lexus has an initiative to make the F and F sport lineup more competitive than it has been. Starting with the ES having an F Sport model.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
He doesn't seem as negative in this new video.

I like his reviews....he's a forward type of YouTuber....says it like it is. He also owns a GTR so, he's legit in my book lol.

GT-Four

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Celica
As much as I'm a huge fan of Lexus, I feel like it's a brand full of lost opportunities. They started so well with the ISF. It wasn't the best car in its category but it was a great car nonetheless. They should have maintained that momentum and by now should have had an F version of just about every model including their SUVs

UX F/CT F with a 2.0 turbo
IS F/RC F/RX F or whatever else with the 3.5tt
LC F/GS F/LS F with whatever new top tier engine they will bring which chances are will be way outdated when it comes anyway.

I get they are a luxury brand but just focusing on a 200k car and leaving out everything else is utterly pointless. They lack structure. I still await the day they bring a new ISF if ever that happens.

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
That's the thing with Toyota and Lexus, if they still can they will milk the hell out of it. They are by far the least progressive brand out there. Every other manufacturer takes one step every year or so (just look at GM, Ford or even Chrysler ffs in the past few years) where as Toyota takes a 3-4 step leap every decade.

That's why once the MKV comes out that's what we will get, it is extremely unlikely it will be updated at all. If we get 385hp now, the max we could expect is 400hp by the end of it's life cycle (2012 86 with 200hp, 2018 86 with 205hp).

And the reason I don't like the fact that it's sharing the B58 with every other BMW out there is because we were expecting a Toyota refined B58 (3JZ or something). A run of the mill B58 isn't gonna cut it. This will be the downfall of this car, being shamed for having an SUV engine from another brand when it once had one of the greatest if not the greatest engine ever produced.

I really hope they fix this by offering the next gen F sport engine in the supra eventually but sadly I don't see today's Toyota making such a bold move.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
And the reason I don't like the fact that it's sharing the B58 with every other BMW out there is because we were expecting a Toyota refined B58 (3JZ or something). A run of the mill B58 isn't gonna cut it. This will be the downfall of this car, being shamed for having an SUV engine from another brand when it once had one of the greatest if not the greatest engine ever produced.
Like I said in my other reply, the A90 has several parts that are unique to it and has it's own engine code. It is not a run of the mill B58

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
Like I said in my other reply, the A90 has several parts that are unique to it and has it's own engine code. It is not a run of the mill B58
I hope it is. For being unique, it's still making the same power as other B58s. The euro spec one anyway. Toyota if you're listening, up the boost a bit at launch for us to be a little impressed.
Sponsored