Why I'm NOT Hyped About The New Toyota Supra

solidsamir

Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
As awesome as it’d be if Toyota was trolling us this whole time, I just can’t see BMW allowing Toyota to deviate that much away from the Z4. Fingers crossed though! If the Supra is sub 3280lbs with 400+ HP, priced around 50-60k, I can see this thing selling like hot cakes.
Toyota is the bigger and wealthier company. I'm sure both partners got exactly what they wanted out of it.
Advertisement

justbake

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Toyota is the bigger and wealthier company. I'm sure both partners got exactly what they wanted out of it.
I think this statement is incredibly important. BMW has to have benefitted from this collab in some way in my opinion

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
LOL @ Jalopnik as a source. Not even gonna respond to that.
It was one example and if you read most of the articles like I have you will see they are saying very similar things. I find it interesting that you still haven’t answered my question and have been avoiding it. What’s the deal? Where is the confidence?

It’s just a simple question.

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
I think this statement is incredibly important. BMW has to have benefitted from this collab in some way in my opinion
Yet Toyota needed BMW to make a car for them. The bigger, richer company is borrowing from the smaller, less profitable company.....what is the point here?

justbake

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Yet Toyota needed BMW to make a car for them. The bigger, richer company is borrowing from the smaller, less profitable company.....what is the point here?
BMW needs several things:

A decent handling car,
hybrid tech,
HP bump (mostly in M cars)

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
BMW needs several things:

A decent handling car,
hybrid tech,
HP bump (mostly in M cars)
Wow. What do you do for a living? Just curious.

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
I am a senior level software engineer
Don’t quit your day job!

Just kidding. Either way your comment doesn’t make sense as a direct response to mine. It was not about what bmw needs or wants, it was how come the bigger and richer company needed bmw. Things are getting blurred quickly on this forum, this is getting tiring.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Don’t quit your day job!

Just kidding. Either way your comment doesn’t make sense as a direct response to mine. It was not about what bmw needs or wants, it was how come the bigger and richer company needed bmw. Things are getting blurred quickly on this forum, this is getting tiring.
They are all actually directly related

Have you driven a modern BMW besides the 2 series? They cant get the steering right at all. The E89 Z4 is a great example of a car that is neither good handling or sporty. They approached Tada, allegedly, after the FRS reveal.
Audi and Mercedes uses electric turbos, Bmw needs to compete and Toyota has great hybrid tech.
Bmw is 100 HP short of the C63 AMG in their M3/M4

HKz

Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
They are all actually directly related

Have you driven a modern BMW besides the 2 series? They cant get the steering right at all. The E89 Z4 is a great example of a car that is neither good handling or sporty. They approached Tada, allegedly, after the FRS reveal.
Audi and Mercedes uses electric turbos, Bmw needs to compete and Toyota has great hybrid tech.
Bmw is 100 HP short of the C63 AMG in their M3/M4
sure but many of us didn't care about what direction BMW was heading :) Toyota needed nothing from BMW except to merely make this project cheaper for themselves

justbake

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
sure but many of us didn't care about what direction BMW was heading :) Toyota needed nothing from BMW except to merely make this project cheaper for themselves
Okay?

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
tbf,they needed the straight six

Advertisement

Advertisement