MJE

Threads
Reaction score
Hmm.. I was initially confused thinking his count of 5 was only considering Toyota branded vehicles, but the lead shot shows both a LC & a GX without the 4R of course. Which also eliminates the possibility that he’s considered the GX & LC as one so there’s really…
2025 Toyota 4runner Why Toyota built both 4Runner and Land Cruiser (and 5 vehicles on single TNGA-F platform) IMG_6322

Of course that also discounts the fact that the ROW LC (not Prado) & LX are also TNGA-F vehicles….

It is a great article though, thanks for sharing! Really it makes a lot of sense to spread those development dollars out to make a profitable business case for even the most marginal models. Of course others do a lot of platform sharing too, but I’m not sure anyone goes to the extent of having both mid & full size vehicles on the same frame.

I really don’t see much cannibalization of 4R vs LC, as similar as they may be. They’re styled differently enough to appeal to different buyers. Some like me might consider both or the GX, yet overall I’m sure they’re all differentiated enough to increase Toyota’s share of the pie. Especially when nobody else is playing in this space.