Will visibility be an issue on the Supra?

Timmo598

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Toyota Supra, 02 Nissan Silvia, 09 370Z
Vehicle Showcase
I would think at this point in time, visibility probably isn't something to be worried about just yet.
More so, because no one knows officially what the production model with look like.
With all the fake coverings and panels over the mules at the moment, it makes it super hard to tell what visibility will truly be like.

Like most Japanese 2 door sports cars, i would imagine sight lines will be fair around the all sides of the car, but i'm sure there will be harder spots to see than others.
The one main spot, will be the B pillar area behind the 1/4 window and rear hatch. Seems to always be a shitty spot in coupes
Sponsored

NYC_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota
42E54ACC-98F3-48BD-9D83-E74F84CD6DEA.png

6th Gen Camaro (poster child for bad visibility)

3A62440D-9170-40FA-ABC3-3906C3203773.png

New NSX
1371FC5B-CC81-420E-80CD-2E500D1337B7.png

NA 1 NSX (extremely low cowl height MR design and without all of safety regulations.
4C8464B8-3BEE-453D-89AC-149027904454.png

GT86

Traditionally sport cars being lower and having lower rooflines meant side and rear visibility was compromised. For forward vision now factor in the challenge of designing a sports car with pedestrian friendly hoods and higher front bumpers and belt lines.

Based on what I have seen visibility maybe somewhat compromised but nothing as extreme as the Camaro.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Try driving an ND Miata sometime (see below) - it meets all current safety regs and still manages to have a nice low cowl with great forward sightlines - so it can be done. But it's certainly the case that most modern sporty cars don't get near the forward visibility of say an old Honda Prelude or Acura Integra.

The GT86 is OK but I wish it had a higher windshield so you could see more of the sky, that would reduce the slightly claustrophobic feel of such a small cabin.

Test driving the current Camaro SS was a laugh, I felt like I was piloting a movable bunker.

hrrd8icn5ri5lttafpxe.jpg

Last edited:

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Miata visibility is good. Im the passenger. Head room may prove to be a problem with the top up
^ LOL are you 6'6"? The driver's side seat has a height adjustment which would get you a few inches lower than that. At 5"11" I had tons of headroom top up, could easily fit a helmet . A bit tight on knee room though, had to push back a bit further from my ideal leg reach to the clutch.

CIAS... can't wait. Too bad it always overlaps the Chicago show, otherwise we might get the new Supra near-production concept if it's first shown in Detroit.

Last edited:

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Here's the level of visibility I'd love to see in the Supra....

dallara-1-1.jpg

dallara-7-1.jpg

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
^ LOL are you 6'6"? The driver's side seat has a height adjustment which would get you a few inches lower than that. At 5"11" I had tons of headroom top up, could easily fit a helmet . A bit tight on knee room though, had to push back a bit further from my ideal leg reach to the clutch.

CIAS... can't wait. Too bad it always overlaps the Chicago show, otherwise we might get the new Supra near-production concept if it's first shown in Detroit.
Haha 6'3 I actually fit in the driver's side, but the passengers does not adjust down

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
It is a little strange looking, very thick compared to other cars. I donā€™t know what Toyota is doing with this car, it seems there will be a lot of compromises if you wanted to make it a daily driver.

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
I never paid attention to it but thatā€™s pretty stupid. Btw, I canā€™t see any defroster lines on the cars being driven currently, maybe itā€™s a place holder and the production ones will be slightly different? No clue.

Toyota-Supra-Gazoo-Racing-Concept-6133.jpg

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Inside plastic trim surrounding the rear windshield is about 1/2ft thick. Thatā€™s just bad design or.. hey.. given the collaboration Toyota was forced to adhere to some abnormal garbage.