Wind Noise & Buffeting Fixes

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
Update: Versus Engineering posted on our FB group these CF diffusers are going to be priced at $250 and available soon...
How about no. There is a time for carbon fiber and this ainā€™t it for me. It is cosmetic benefits only vs nylon or aluminum options and Iā€™m honestly not too impressed with how the weave looks in conjunction with the details (not parallel).

I think Twisted Tuning is priced reasonably fair and they did a good job of measuring materials cost versus actual worth. Everyone has different taste, but at that cost, the CF from Versus doesnā€™t work for me.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly I'm not impressed with any of the options available as of yet...Versus is way overpriced and Twisted still looks a bit raw and unfinished...I'm sure we'll have more options available soon that are functional, reasonably priced, and have a clean polished finish...

I'm just glad to see a solution as been identified and options are being made available..

Supra Man

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
92 Supra(Sold) / 04 Rsx-S(Rip) / 13 Nismo 370z(Current)
i think these cf side mirror wind deflectors will go nice with the TRD cf side door garnish.. both has fins

Famo

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra
How about no. There is a time for carbon fiber and this ainā€™t it for me. It is cosmetic benefits only vs nylon or aluminum options and Iā€™m honestly not too impressed with how the weave looks in conjunction with the details (not parallel).

I think Twisted Tuning is priced reasonably fair and they did a good job of measuring materials cost versus actual worth. Everyone has different taste, but at that cost, the CF from Versus doesnā€™t work for me.
I agree 100%. I bought the oem carbon fiber mirror caps, but agree these being CF would be serious overkill and that price... yea no thanks.

Supra Man

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
92 Supra(Sold) / 04 Rsx-S(Rip) / 13 Nismo 370z(Current)
Honestly I'm not impressed with any of the options available as of yet...Versus is way overpriced and Twisted still looks a bit raw and unfinished...I'm sure we'll have more options available soon that are functional, reasonably priced, and have a clean polished finish...

I'm just glad to see a solution as been identified and options are being made available..
agreed, i think the twisted tuning will look much much better and oem if it came painted gloss black or what ever color the base of the side mirror is.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Yup would happily purchase a gloss back version for less:)

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Smh

SCCA Racer#75

First Name
Dave`
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2018 ZL1 1LE
I actually used a trick from the GT3, where you buy a wiper blade, and use the 'angled portion' connected the pillar next to mirror... looks 'almost' OEM... but the issue with adding the wind buffet 'fix'... which it does fix when the windows are down... BUT unfortunately... then you can hear 'slight wind noise' when the windows are UP! LOL... So I've decided to leave it OEM... the wind buffeting isn't that bad, and I typically drive with my windows up.

Here's a close up pic you can see it, I since have removed it:

Best regards,
Dave

Wind deflector.jpg

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Update: those who purchased our Diffusers should start seeing emails coming through with tracking infor starting tomorrow. Our stock came in 4 days early. So that's a plus. Werent expecting until the 6th.

Also,

We are looking into gloss black option and as stated doing a cost analysis on CF. CF process is not cheap so it would definitely be more than $75 bucks compared to our base option.

xBADCOMPANYx

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS, GenCoupe, Duramax Colorado, A90
I really feel like we could just 3d print a solution... There are enough other cars that have had this issue resolved that it can't be hard to take dimensions and print a few prototypes

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
I really feel like we could just 3d print a solution... There are enough other cars that have had this issue resolved that it can't be hard to take dimensions and print a few prototypes
There is a solution. Twisted Tuning sells it.

This story came up on reddit and I mentioned that there as well. Seems nobody really knows yet that they have options that arenā€™t ridiculous.

xBADCOMPANYx

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS, GenCoupe, Duramax Colorado, A90
Looks like the article was updated today

Screenshot_20200103-145128_Chrome.jpg

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
:rofl: Porsche already figured it out and why Twisted fabricated the mirror wind splitters. RUF also has A pillar diffusers to help channel the wind.

How Toyota didn't notice this during testing is just lazy. :nono:

_AC_1275.jpg

_AC_1276.jpg
Sponsored