Window whistling noise

Rise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra / 2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone experienced a whistling noise by the driver's window? it happens every time i go above 40mph, it's l;ike if my window was slightly open but its all the way up and when i open it it gets louder.
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
OP
OP
Rise

Rise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's not the buffering with thw windows down I bought the ones you stick on the outside to fix it. When the windows are all the way up it sounds like a whistle

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
It's not the buffering with thw windows down I bought the ones you stick on the outside to fix it. When the windows are all the way up it sounds like a whistle
Iā€™ve been searching the forums for anyone else who noticed this! I first noticed it when I was driving right beside a road barrier. It sounds like a whistling noise, but since then Iā€™ve been paying more attention to the window where it meets the upper door seal - even when motorcycles squeeze past close to the driver side, Its like I can hear it more and checked if the window wasnt fully closed.

Iā€™ve had a roadster with similar frameless windows, but I donā€™t recall this sort of cabin noise creeping in. I thought maybe my window alignment was off but it seems pretty tight against the seal. I have yet to try applying some rubber conditioner to the seals.

OP
OP
Rise

Rise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah i checked around the window but i dont see any creeks, if i have music on i don't notice it but without it's very clear. I'll ask the dealer see if they can find a fix. Also if i open the window the whistle gets louder that just made me even more confused. Maybe it's the door?

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah i checked around the window but i dont see any creeks, if i have music on i don't notice it but without it's very clear. I'll ask the dealer see if they can find a fix. Also if i open the window the whistle gets louder that just made me even more confused. Maybe it's the door?
Hope they have answers for you. do share what they advise.

my dealer here schedules a 1000km oil change and theyā€™ve offered to check the window seal then. Iā€™ll prob take another month before I hit the 1k mark.

I have yet to apply rubber conditioner to see if it helps. Other owners think it might be a leaky seal.

Bluemkv

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 91 Wrangler 4.0
Vehicle Showcase
I have a pretty loud whistling sound coming from the passenger side window.

Bluemkv

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hope they have answers for you. do share what they advise.

my dealer here schedules a 1000km oil change and theyā€™ve offered to check the window seal then. Iā€™ll prob take another month before I hit the 1k mark.

I have yet to apply rubber conditioner to see if it helps. Other owners think it might be a leaky seal.
Ever figure anything out?

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ever figure anything out?
The dealer had the 2.0 test drive unit available and took me out for a comparison.

I picked up the same noise from the window sill, so I just figured itā€™s typical of the low roof design being at (my) ear level when Iā€™m driving.

No water leaks either.

Have yet to try installing any of the wind buffeting solutions to see if it helps.

Bluemkv

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer had the 2.0 test drive unit available and took me out for a comparison.

I picked up the same noise from the window sill, so I just figured itā€™s typical of the low roof design being at (my) ear level when Iā€™m driving.

No water leaks either.

Have yet to try installing any of the wind buffeting solutions to see if it helps.
Darn well that sucks. I have the Verus wind deflectors and actually didnā€™t notice the whistling sound until they were installed. Wind buffeting is gone and now I get to hear a whistle :dunno:

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Darn well that sucks. I have the Verus wind deflectors and actually didnā€™t notice the whistling sound until they were installed. Wind buffeting is gone and now I get to hear a whistle :dunno:
I wonder if the sound is a result of the change in airflow, post deflectors?

Bluemkv

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if the sound is a result of the change in airflow, post deflectors?
Definitely a possibility, however I havenā€™t seen anyone else with the same wind deflectors say anything about a whistling noise. So Iā€™m not sure
Sponsored