Wondering which downpipe should I go for...

Dzzz

First Name
Dyln
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 GR Supra 3.0T
I live in California and own a 3.0t supra, currently considering getting a Downpipe, but not a tune, at least not yet....
Thinking about FI downpipe, but not so sure about the difference between Ultra high flow dp and Sport 200 cells dp..
Also considering AMS highflow downpipe, any suggestions guys??
Oh also does any of these downpipes pass CA emission? Will it throw a CEL? and lastly will it void factory warranty? I'm talking bout without tune.
Thanks!
Sponsored

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Apparently with out a tune you will get a cell light....with catless dp you will most certainly get the light..
There are a few catted do that guaranty a no cell but some people claim to get the light regardless...

I have no first hand experience just what I've read...

Good luck in your search...

Steve

OP
OP
Dzzz

Dzzz

First Name
Dyln
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 GR Supra 3.0T
Apparently with out a tune you will get a cell light....with catless dp you will most certainly get the light..
There are a few catted do that guaranty a no cell but some people claim to get the light regardless...

I have no first hand experience just what I've read...

Good luck in your search...

Steve
Oh really... I was checking what others say about AMS downpipe earlier.. and most of them gave positive feedback and said there is no CEL.. I'm soo confused ;c

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Oh really... I was checking what others say about AMS downpipe earlier.. and most of them gave positive feedback and said there is no CEL.. I'm soo confused ;c
Like I said....no personal experience...
Just what I've been reading?

I don't mean to confuse the situation...

Steve

OP
OP
Dzzz

Dzzz

First Name
Dyln
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 GR Supra 3.0T
Like I said....no personal experience...
Just what I've been reading?

I don't mean to confuse the situation...

Steve
haha it's fine, thanks for your info tho, it just made me wanna clear it up more :D Thanks!

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I had a Armytrix catless Downpipe and I did not get a light for 5,000 miles then I tuned. Never got it once. I got the tune cause I chose too.

OP
OP
Dzzz

Dzzz

First Name
Dyln
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 GR Supra 3.0T
I had a Armytrix catless Downpipe and I did not get a light for 5,000 miles then I tuned. Never got it once. I got the tune cause I chose too.
Nice! How does Armytrix downpipe sound like?

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
You can only legally modify your cat back portion of the exhaust to be legal out here. The JB4 would still pass if its well hidden but an actual tune will fail. Having said that, you have 7 years before your first smog check....

OP
OP
Dzzz

Dzzz

First Name
Dyln
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 GR Supra 3.0T
You can only legally modify your cat back portion of the exhaust to be legal out here. The JB4 would still pass if its well hidden but an actual tune will fail. Having said that, you have 7 years before your first smog check....
yeah.. emission asside, there is not a single downpipe out there that can guarantee no CEL?

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
yeah.. emission asside, there is not a single downpipe out there that can guarantee no CEL?
I've heard the Active Autowerkes catted DP is a great bet for no CEL.

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Nice! How does Armytrix downpipe sound like?

It’s not obnoxiously loud. I have the full turbo-back and it’s really quiet (almost stock) in comfort and loud in sport. I love it, along with the quality.

OP
OP
Dzzz

Dzzz

First Name
Dyln
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 GR Supra 3.0T

It’s not obnoxiously loud. I have the full turbo-back and it’s really quiet (almost stock) in comfort and loud in sport. I love it, along with the quality.
Wow that does sound pretty nice! Is it bolt-on tho? Can I bolt my stock exhaust system right onto it? Kind of worried that the diameter would be off.. Also, did you get a CEL?

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Wow that does sound pretty nice! Is it bolt-on tho? Can I bolt my stock exhaust system right onto it? Kind of worried that the diameter would be off.. Also, did you get a CEL?
Nope and it should fit fine. I ran it for 5K miles with stock catback and no CEL
Sponsored