ZF upshift burps

3rdGearEvo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 2003 Evo VIII
Let’s talk about that lovely sound the Supra makes when upshifting under certain conditions. Anyone here know exactly under what circumstances the exhaust will let out that aggressive upshift noise? My brother-in-laws GT AMG will let them out at just about any throttle position in any gear. With the Supra it’s not as simple to replicate.
Sponsored

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Let’s talk about that lovely sound the Supra makes when upshifting under certain conditions. Anyone here know exactly under what circumstances the exhaust will let out that aggressive upshift noise? My brother-in-laws GT AMG will let them out at just about any throttle position in any gear. With the Supra it’s not as simple to replicate.
I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of it. My other half calls it the shift fart so apparently the chicks don't dig it.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I honestly have no idea, but I do notice I get them more when the car is fully warm and if I am manually shifting.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
No disrespect to the other half whatsoever, but screw that. You like it? Good, that’s the end of that.
Lol. I'm indifferent and could care less either way. It's the driver's in the rear view who likely hate it the most. ???

MCSeverino

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
Sport mode, heavy-ish on the gas, high-ish RPM

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
My 2020 does it at moderate to open throttle ~4k and above in Sport mode, but if I push her too hard she shifts without the DSG-fart-like noise between 1-2. It's a bummer when that happens cause I'm expecting an explosive post-TacoHell-diarrhea-in-the-driver's-face-of-the-car-behind-me sound..

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe
I hate it.

Reactions: zrk

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
You should have heard the shift farts from my Trackhawk. They would kill the living, and wake the dead.

I really miss that thing sometimes. Haha

bajanstefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
You should have heard the shift farts from my Trackhawk. They would kill the living, and wake the dead.

I really miss that thing sometimes. Haha
Those things are no joke. My phone autocorrected things to thugs, honestly should’ve left it cause it seems fitting lol

Baldmonkey22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
The shift fart is due to intake and exhaust valve overlap to release the boost pressure during shifts since we dont have a bypass or blow off valve. the throttle plate doesnt close between shifts but fuel is cut.
Sponsored