Awad

First Name
Awad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
Enough said.

"It's great! It's EXTRAORDINARY!" says the person that actually hasn't even freaking used the oil.
Your point being ? I never said I have used it I literally ended post saying I am excited to see what happens with the choice I made

OP
OP
Awad

Awad

First Name
Awad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
You can't be real. Holy cow. Is this a bot? Is that you Carmigo?

wtf-gif.gif

200w.gif

sxv-wtf.gif

200w-1.gif

200w-2.gif
You do realize that I am going to be running this oil with the turbo upgrade right ? So I can get actual data ? Have you read the whole thread ?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
You do realize that I am going to be running this oil with the turbo upgrade right ? So I can get actual data ? Have you read the whole thread ?
Yes, I read all of the below, which is a bunch of marketing fluff. I keep copy pasting it because it's so surreal.

Have fun with your new sponsor (obviously)

As an avid car enthusiast and the proud owner of a Toyota Supra powered by the formidable B58 engine, I'd like to take you on a personal journey into my choice of engine oil ā€“ the MOTUL V300 5W-40 Competition Oil. This isn't a tale of a salesman advocating a product; it's the story of a car lover's pursuit of perfection, and why MOTUL V300 became an indispensable part of that journey.

**The Heart of My Supra**

The B58 engine in my GR Supra is a work of art, a marvel of engineering that combines power and precision. It's an engine that thrives on performance, but it also demands meticulous care. It was this quest for the perfect engine oil that led me to MOTUL V300 5W-40.

**The Precision Formula**

MOTUL V300 5W-40 isn't your average motor oil. It's a formula meticulously crafted for high-performance applications. What spoke to me was the precision and attention to detail that went into its formulation. It wasn't just about lubrication; it was about ensuring my engine's heart received the care it deserved.

Certainly, here are some facts about MOTUL V300 5W-40 Competition Oil:

1. **High-Performance Formula:** MOTUL V300 is designed for high-performance applications, making it an ideal choice for sports cars, racing vehicles, and turbocharged engines.

2. **Extensive Racing Heritage:** MOTUL has a rich history in motorsports, and the V300 oil is often used by professional racing teams and enthusiasts worldwide.

3. **Precision Viscosity:** The 5W-40 viscosity rating ensures optimal flow during cold starts while maintaining stability at high temperatures, offering protection in a wide range of driving conditions.

4. **Thermal Stability:** MOTUL V300 is known for its exceptional thermal stability, which means it retains its protective qualities even when exposed to extreme heat, making it ideal for high-performance engines.

5. **Shear Stability:** It features additives that enhance shear stability, ensuring the oil maintains its viscosity and lubricating properties even under high shear forces, common in turbocharged engines.

6. **Advanced Anti-Wear Properties:** MOTUL V300 creates a strong protective film on engine components, reducing friction and wear, which is crucial for high-stress engine parts like turbochargers.

7. **Effective Detergency:** The oil includes detergents and cleaning agents that prevent deposit buildup and sludge formation, promoting engine cleanliness and longevity.

8. **Reduced Oil Consumption:** MOTUL V300's formulation minimizes oil consumption, leading to less frequent top-offs and reduced risk of engine damage due to low oil levels.

9. **Extended Oil Change Intervals:** Its robust formula allows for extended oil change intervals while still ensuring engine protection, reducing the frequency and cost of oil changes.

10. **High-Performance Additives:** The oil is enriched with high-performance additives that enhance engine protection and power delivery, making it suitable for demanding driving conditions.

11. **Motorsports-Approved:** MOTUL V300 is often used in various motorsport events, including Formula 1, endurance racing, and more, showcasing its exceptional performance credentials.

12. **Trusted Worldwide:** MOTUL is a globally recognized brand known for its quality and innovation in lubricants, with a presence in over 130 countries.

13. **Engineered for Precision:** Every aspect of MOTUL V300's formulation is engineered with precision, ensuring it meets the specific needs of high-performance engines like the B58 in the Toyota GR Supra.

14. **Consistent Protection:** It provides consistent protection to critical engine components, ensuring they operate at their best, even during extreme driving conditions.

15. **Trusted by Enthusiasts:** MOTUL V300 is a popular choice among automotive enthusiasts who demand the best for their high-performance vehicles.

These facts underscore why MOTUL V300 5W-40 Competition Oil is highly regarded in the automotive world, especially among those seeking top-tier performance and protection for their engines.

**The Perfect Viscosity**

The 5W-40 viscosity rating is where the magic happens. It's a delicate balance that suits turbocharged engines like mine. It means that when I start my Supra, the oil flows smoothly, providing immediate protection. As I push the car to its limits, the oil retains its viscosity, ensuring consistent protection even when the engine is working its hardest.

**Taming the Heat**

Turbocharged engines are known for generating heat ā€“ lots of it. MOTUL V300's resistance to thermal breakdown ensures my engine stays cool under pressure. This is vital for the longevity and reliability of the B58 engine, especially when I'm chasing speed and power.

**Shear Stability and the Turbocharger's Friend**

In a turbocharged engine, shear stability is crucial. The forces at play are intense, and MOTUL V300's shear stability means my turbocharger and engine are always protected, no matter how hard I push them.

**Advanced Additives for Peace of Mind**

MOTUL V300 is more than just oil; it's a guardian for my engine. Its additives protect against corrosion, foaming, and oxidation, all potential pitfalls of spirited driving. With this oil, I'm not just driving; I'm ensuring my Supra's heart beats strong.

**The Unleashing of Potential**

The GR Supra with its B58 engine is a masterpiece. To truly unlock its potential, I needed an oil that could keep pace. MOTUL V300 5W-40 Competition Oil isn't just a lubricant; it's a performance partner. It enhances my Supra's responsiveness and power, giving me the confidence to conquer any road or track.

In essence, my choice of MOTUL V300 5W-40 isn't a sales pitch; it's a testament to the trust and confidence I place in this oil. It's the result of countless hours spent researching, testing, and experiencing the difference it makes in my Supra's performance. MOTUL V300 has become a part of my car's story, and I'm excited to see where our journey takes us next.

IMG_5913_jpg.jpeg

IMG_5915_jpg.jpeg

OP
OP
Awad

Awad

First Name
Awad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
Yes, I read all of the below, which is a bunch of marketing fluff. I keep copy pasting it because it's so surreal.

Have fun with your new sponsor (obviously)
It is a sponsor ? But I had other choices I donā€™t get the hostility ? Data takes time hope we can talk better once I have data to back up claims I am not here to make enemies

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Also, in your post you put: "in essence, my choice of MOTUL V300 5W-40 isn't a sales pitch; it's a testament to the trust and confidence I place in this oil. It's the result of countless hours spent researching, testing, and experiencing the difference it makes in my Supra's performance."

Then you state you literally have not used it yet.

So why did you state you had countless hours using it? You cannot be serious with all this. What happened is that you posted a bunch of BS and someone called you out on it.

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Awad

Awad

First Name
Awad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
Also, in your post you put: "in essence, my choice of MOTUL V300 5W-40 isn't a sales pitch; it's a testament to the trust and confidence I place in this oil. It's the result of countless hours spent researching, testing, and experiencing the difference it makes in my Supra's performance."

Then you state you literally have not used it yet.

So why did you state you had countless hours using it? You cannot be serious with all this. What happened is that you posted a bunch of BS and someone called you out on it.

giphy.gif
I have used it in other cars ? I still donā€™t get what the problem is ? For the supra and for me to give good data needs time thatā€™s all I will say I have been pretty transparent and I am not requiered to post it . It is well known that V300 is one of the best oils for Motorsports like I said this is a lot of hostility for no evident reason have a good night

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I have used it in other cars ? I still donā€™t get what the problem is ?
Every time you post you make it even better. You literally stated you used it in your supra, now you say you haven't.

"in essence, my choice of MOTUL V300 5W-40 isn't a sales pitch; it's a testament to the trust and confidence I place in this oil. It's the result of countless hours spent researching, testing, and experiencing the difference it makes in my Supra's performance."

It's very apparent you have some sort of kick back from them and you are posting a bunch of marketing BS.

supra-toyota.gif

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
Cool, have any data on how they have performed? Other than "Mesmorizing performance" or "the shear sheerness of the oil is extraordinary!"

What I am reading from your post is a whole bunch of total bs.
for me, 5w30 300v has maintained higher viscosity than 5100 gen2 5w40 or LM 5w40. All of them were run for the usual 2-3 track weekends and then sent to blackstone.

pretty surprising to see a 5w30 break down so much less that itā€™s actually thicker than a 5w40. The 5w40s werenā€™t tragic or anything but near the lower range of what you would want to see (from my understanding).

I think 300v is supposed to withstand about 375f before it starts to shear significantly, whereas most group iv synthetics will start shearing around 300f or less.

At this point I do so few laps that I could probably switch back and not see any difference but I do like that the 300v is designed to withstand harsher conditions so I keep running itā€¦ donā€™t want to lose another turbo after all ;)

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
also, I spend a lot of $ on 300v so Iā€™d be happy to say lots of marketing words if motul wants to sponsor me šŸ˜‚

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
for me, 5w30 300v has maintained higher viscosity than 5100 gen2 5w40 or LM 5w40. All of them were run for the usual 2-3 track weekends and then sent to blackstone.

pretty surprising to see a 5w30 break down so much less that itā€™s actually thicker than a 5w40. The 5w40s werenā€™t tragic or anything but near the lower range of what you would want to see (from my understanding).

I think 300v is supposed to withstand about 375f before it starts to shear significantly, whereas most group iv synthetics will start shearing around 300f or less.

At this point I do so few laps that I could probably switch back and not see any difference but I do like that the 300v is designed to withstand harsher conditions so I keep running itā€¦ donā€™t want to lose another turbo after all ;)
Oh for sure, I have seen a ton of data from 300v to see it's great. I use Motul oil (not 300v) and have done a bunch of testing myself, shared that ACTUAL TESTING DATA. It's what helped me realize I can do five track days on it without issue.

The point here is someone not actually using the oil or testing the oil but spewing marketing BS. It's totally fake BS.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh I get it, just thought Iā€™d randomly share my experience here since I have no build thread haha

But yeah, @Awad make sure to order some blackstone kits and test it. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be happy with the results šŸ‘