First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Karbonkings.com
Car(s)
'21 A91 - '21 Corolla H - '06 Sentra Spec-V
Shitty week for automotive enthusiasts in the southern Jersey and surrounding areas. Operating for 63 years, Atco Officials have announced the permanent closure of the Dragway yesterday after wrapping up the PanAmerican Nationals. Seems like a suprprise even to the officials, or they were being very good at keeping it under wraps. They even announced the day before "See you next year for the 30th!", referring to the 29th Annual PanAmericans.

This track was part of the reason i moved to where i did, Buying my house in late 2019, 15 minutes from the track.
Sponsored

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Probably some corporation bought them out. They had a very large area of land that is perfect for industrial warehouses. Maybe an Amazon of sorts. Very sad to see them go :(

OP
OP
KKP_Jay Phantom

KKP_Jay Phantom

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Karbonkings.com
Car(s)
'21 A91 - '21 Corolla H - '06 Sentra Spec-V
There is one RUMOR floating around that Millers Racing was trying to buy. Lets hope thats what happened. I feel like if they knew it was going to re-open, they wouldnt have stated permanently.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Miller has absolutely zero interest in owning a race track. He will never own a race track.

The corporation that bought it had made several offers over the years, and they finally caved. It happened fast.

Miller will continue to run CMR events and will announce the new tracks for his events (Including the 30th PanAmerican) on ~Friday.
Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 09.07.14.png

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Now all I have left near me is Island raceway, which basically like racing down a NYC side street :rolleyes: