How are your Supras holding up from going to the track? Is it a good platform?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Yeah I came to that realization. A modded Supra can be replicate alot of what the GT4 can give you without the Porshe tax. Just was curious to if they had any reliability issues
A few guys down here (myself included) have notice some power reduction as the day goes on, if you drive in the summer. But it needs to be in the 90s (track temps over 100) to really notice it. The few Supras I’ve seen go into limp mode have had power mods. If you’re going to do that, Brian (Razorlab) and the drag guys found the best fix - an aftermarket manifold. But that’s likely overkill unless you really want to drive in those conditions or want to add more power.

Parts & consumables are cheaper compared to Porsche. As others have said, good fluid, tires, track pads and a more aggressive track alignment are phenomenal for this car. That’s really all you need to get started.

OP
OP

JDM fanboy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CTR
A few guys down here (myself included) have notice some power reduction as the day goes on, if you drive in the summer. But it needs to be in the 90s (track temps over 100) to really notice it. The few Supras I’ve seen go into limp mode have had power mods. If you’re going to do that, Brian (Razorlab) and the drag guys found the best fix - an aftermarket manifold. But that’s likely overkill unless you really want to drive in those conditions or want to add more power.

Parts & consumables are cheaper compared to Porsche. As others have said, good fluid, tires, track pads and a more aggressive track alignment are phenomenal for this car. That’s really all you need to get started.
Thats great 👍🏼

Yeah I dont care about adding more power, stock is fine enough for me. I dont mind a bit of heat soak, just want something to pound around for 5 20 minute HDPE sessions and give me no issues like the other cars I have.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thats great 👍🏼

Yeah I dont care about adding more power, stock is fine enough for me. I dont mind a bit of heat soak, just want something to pound around for 5 20 minute HDPE sessions and give me no issues like the other cars I have.
I came from the other end of the spectrum, MX5 & S2000, that would go all day, down here in the summers. Regardless, this car should fit the bill for you. The OEM power (and catless downpipe in my case) Supras do happy hour or HPDE sessions no problem. I’ve personally done multiple full to empty gas tank track sessions on advanced drivers only open track days. Just something I like and she can do it. Dadgum car got me hooked on driving again (pun intended).

Congrats & hope you find one at a good price!

Last edited:

Yli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
16 track days so far this year as stock. Couple oil changes, tires, pads, and fluid.

My running costs are like ~$150/hr (Excludes: Hotel/Track Insurance/Registration). This is for tires/pads/fuel/oil/rotors/brake fluid. Which is much much lower than some of my pcar friends.

Kroberter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91MT Supra, 95 Rx7,67 Corvette 427ci
It’s the best feeling when someone in their 3-4x price car gets the lap traffic flag cause you’re all over them waiting for a point by.
I show up with no trailer, no spare tires, no tools except for the tire inflator and tow hook in the trunk cubbyhole. Run three tanks of fuel through the car and 100+ miles on track then drive it home. Oh and I have AC and comfort steering on so I don’t get fatigued.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22'Supra 22'BRZ 18'Civic Si
My Supra has three seasons of track use. First season was stock power. Second and current season is with 500+ hp.

45+ track days
1701 laps
40.1 hours

Zero issues so far.

Only mechanical issues I have had have been from trash aftermarket SPL parts.
Could you share the issue you have with that SPL part? I just have SPL LCA installed and I am not confident with it.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Last edited:

digatron

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FA20 wrx
Plenty of track days no issues.

i bring 15 gal of extra gas, tools for adjustments, and tire inflator. Car hasnt given me a single issue. All issues stem from adjustments on car's behavior that im trying to correct. Then again, im deep in the rabbit hole with fuel system / manifold etc upgraded / obnoxious aero.
Sponsored