Need to remove ST style wing on my Supra. Any thoughts?

skaletzelt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
The wing is bolted down to the rear hatch. If I were to remove it there will huge holes in the hatch where the bolts for the wing were. If anyone can share some ideas on how to patch the hole or do it in a way that won’t leave any holes I’d really appreciate it. I’m curious to see if anyone has done this before and how they did it. I was thinking I would just swap my hatch with the wing to some other Supra owner who wants this wing on their Supra.
Sponsored

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Curious to know why you want to remove it?

Also, whenever I see removing wings mentioned, I see people talking about replacing the whole trunk lid which seems a bit drastic to me - surely it can just be patched and repainted.

And while it wouldn't be my first or seventeenth choice, you could maybe plug the holes with bumper plugs?

Razors Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Do you hate the wing so much that you’re willing to spend $2-3k or potentially more? Because that’s what it’s going to cost for a body shop to do it. I didn’t even factor in the rear hatch cost from BMW/Toyota in the above pricing, that’s if you patch and repaint only with todays rates for a good job that actually matches.

Gotink

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra 2016 tundra 1999 4Runner
Look for a trade in the same Color. Lots of guys looking for the wing could be a win win for both Sides

OP
OP
skaletzelt

skaletzelt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
Curious to know why you want to remove it?

Also, whenever I see removing wings mentioned, I see people talking about replacing the whole trunk lid which seems a bit drastic to me - surely it can just be patched and repainted.

And while it wouldn't be my first or seventeenth choice, you could maybe plug the holes with bumper plugs?
I just prefer the duckbill carbon fiber spoilers from the a91 launch edition supras. I was never a big fan of the street hunter style wings to begin with. I just got the Supra from a different owner and it came with it.

Bumper plugs are a good idea. Wonder what they look like. Hopefully they don’t look too obvious and ugly. I’ll see if I can find someone willing to do a swap or else I’ll just remove the wing and use bumper plugs.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I just prefer the duckbill carbon fiber spoilers from the a91 launch edition supras. I was never a big fan of the street hunter style wings to begin with. I just got the Supra from a different owner and it came with it.
Makes sense. Hope it works out mate.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra

Bumper plugs are a good idea. Wonder what they look like. Hopefully they don’t look too obvious and ugly. I’ll see if I can find someone willing to do a swap or else I’ll just remove the wing and use bumper plugs.
a91 launch edition? Which edition is that?
Sponsored