► Official APEX Wheels Showroom Gallery Thread

Rickyz

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
I have the SM-10, 18x10 at front 18x11 at rear. I tried to put the stock 2.0 tires (255/40, 275/40)on and two different tire shops won’t do it for me, they said it’s going to be stretch. Is that going to be unsafe?

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I have the SM-10, 18x10 at front 18x11 at rear. I tried to put the stock 2.0 tires (255/40, 275/40)on and two different tire shops won’t do it for me, they said it’s going to be stretch. Is that going to be unsafe?
Don't know where it is, but you could go to wherever those "stance nation" guys go get their stupid rubberband setups mounted... half the time that shit doesn't even reach the lip. :rolleyes:

But yeah, it would be pretty stretched (not rubberband, but still plenty). Stock has a tiny bit of a stretch to it and you're asking it to go another 1".
Depending on suspension you might be able to run the rears on the front wheels and then just pick up some 295/35 rears to save a bit of cash - but the 275/40's will probably rub a bit.

Rickyz

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
Don't know where it is, but you could go to wherever those "stance nation" guys go get their stupid rubberband setups mounted... half the time that shit doesn't even reach the lip. :rolleyes:

But yeah, it would be pretty stretched (not rubberband, but still plenty). Stock has a tiny bit of a stretch to it and you're asking it to go another 1".
Depending on suspension you might be able to run the rears on the front wheels and then just pick up some 295/35 rears to save a bit of cash - but the 275/40's will probably rub a bit.
I’m running stock suspension with 13mm spacer. I’m not planing lower the car because the roads are horrible where I live

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor

It's going to be stretched, especially in the stock tire models. Other track tires that run wide might not be as stretched, but you would likely be simply buying wider tires if that was an option. Its not unsafe persay as I've seen 275s run on 11s, but it's also not an ideal fitment as these wheels really are built for wider tires.

@APEXRaceParts I was just on your site and realized you have 18x10 and 18x11 VS5-RS?! Now I have to buy another set 😭
Yep, we added them on just after the 19s in staggered releases. The 18s aren't here yet, but they are on the way and I'm hoping they do well. :)

-Tom

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
The best upgrade as far as times went on autocross so far. Doesn't hurt that it also looks good while dropping time.
Loving these shots! I'd love to use those photos on our website, but I assume they were taken by a pro photographer at a track day? Would you be able to DM us their contact?

-Tom

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
@APEXRaceParts I was just on your site and realized you have 18x10 and 18x11 VS5-RS?! Now I have to buy another set 😭
Are you running a square setup now and just want to go bigger in the rear? I just bought my Apex 18x10s to run 275/35 all the way around. Figured it'll save me a ton of money on rubber and still feel great on track 🤞

404nd2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla MYP | 2020 Supra
Are you running a square setup now and just want to go bigger in the rear? I just bought my Apex 18x10s to run 275/35 all the way around. Figured it'll save me a ton of money on rubber and still feel great on track 🤞
I'm staggered right now on VS5-RS 19x.5 and 19x11. Originally went this route because I didn't think I'd move from regular springs to coilovers and didn't want to run spacers for a square setup. That quickly changed and now I'm looking to go square on 18's. There's just seems to be so much more variety in square setups vs staggered, feel like I'm missing out.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm staggered right now on VS5-RS 19x.5 and 19x11. Originally went this route because I didn't think I'd move from regular springs to coilovers and didn't want to run spacers for a square setup. That quickly changed and now I'm looking to go square on 18's. There's just seems to be so much more variety in square setups vs staggered, feel like I'm missing out.
This APEX wheel & tire fitment guide was my main reason for going with them. Mega impressed with all their work and research on which tires are available for which wheel setups. In my case searching for R compound tires, they made it a breeze!

GR Supra Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide – APEX Race Parts

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
This APEX wheel & tire fitment guide was my main reason for going with them. Mega impressed with all their work and research on which tires are available for which wheel setups. In my case searching for R compound tires, they made it a breeze!

GR Supra Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide – APEX Race Parts
Thanks for the kind words! Those guides are quite a bit of work to build but we're glad it helps with fitment and tire decisions.

-Tom

tanabersx

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, RAM Rebel 2021, 2018 BMW X5 e-Drive
@APEXRaceParts Any idea when the VS5-RS will be back. Just saw you have the SM-10 in stock. Need wheels ASAP and would love the VS-5s. If not Ill just go with the SM-10s. Thanks!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the kind words! Those guides are quite a bit of work to build but we're glad it helps with fitment and tire decisions.

-Tom
Not to mention you guys shipped em out really fast. Appreciate that! I can’t wait to get them put on. They‘re meant for track days but I’m sure I’ll be wanting them on all the time 😃 Very impressed with your company and product! Thanks again

*(makes me wonder how much I can get selling my stock wheels and order an additional OEM size set from y’all 🤔)*

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
*(makes me wonder how much I can get selling my stock wheels and order an additional OEM size set from y’all 🤔)*
Maybe $700-800 if you're really lucky and patient. However, I'd say the appearance alone is worth the difference. I think I'll just PC mine and keep as spares - they are pretty great (for stock wheels)... just ugly as sin in two-tone IMO. :confused:
Sponsored