Adaptive cruise disabled and asks for subscription 2020 GR Supra

Raffi

First Name
Viken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium Edition, 1989 Supra Turbo Conversion
I have at 2020 GR Supra with Adaptive cruise control as optional equipment. In January I noticed my cruise control no longer would vary my speed to match the car ahead of me. When I adjust the following distance buttons I get a message on the multifunction display screen saying that the feature is not activated and can be purchased by subscription from Supra Connect. After many calls, holds, transfers, buck passing, I got the Toyota helpline people to admit that there is no subscription required or even available to purchase for my cruise control. They admit the message is incorrect but have no idea what is causing it or how to fix it. They sent be back to the dealership for them to start a case with Toyota Technical Support to troubleshoot the problem. The dealership was already told by Toyota Tech that they don't know what is wrong and have no suggestions. The dealership offered to "recalibrate" the software, which they say will cost $1200, and probably won't fix anything since it looks like a software bug, and they have no idea what is causing it. Since it was working, and now seems to be disabled on Toyotas end, I don't think it is reasonable for me to pay for random unfounded procedures. Am I the only one with this issue? Anyone know where I can appeal next? Thanks!
Sponsored

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I do know it is possible to switch between active and regular cruise control by holding down one of the distance buttons until the system switches modes. I thought it did not survive a power cycle and returned to active, but you might try that?

OP
OP

Raffi

First Name
Viken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium Edition, 1989 Supra Turbo Conversion
I forgot to provide the last step of information: After getting a software update from Supra Connect the message no longer asks for a subscription. Now it just doesn't go to active cruise control when I activate cruise control. Neither will it switch modes. It just give the informational message "Function not activated, " on the instrument console when i press the distance adjust buttons for any amount of time. The previous message requesting a subscription appears to have been removed by the update, and there is no longer an error message, but still no explanation why my active cruise control stopped working.
Sponsored