Amazing $350 A90 Subwoofer Upgrade and it’s Removable

suprastew

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Hoping this will help other members out. Well I tried the standard port addition upgrade without much success. I wanted a subwoofer that could hit hard and loud,, not break the bank, doesn’t take up too much space and could be easily removed for track days. So I did some research, spent $350 and 4 hours and can’t believe how amazing this subwoofer sounds. Very easy to duplicate and everything came from Amazon. I used Velcro to hold the box and amp in place.

Atrend Bbox 12AME 12-Inch Single Sealed Shallow Mount Downfire Enclosure, black (12AME*) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BXE8ZW6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_7zyWBh2Ohy2E1

PIONEER TS-A3000LS4 12" Shallow-Mount Subwoofer with 1,500 Watts Max. Power https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082FQRDKS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_yNk8SqrduuZE6

Stinger Audio MT7001 Monoblock Class D Mosfet Power Supply Amplifier with Remote Subwoofer Level Control,700 Watts RMS. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BMVXC6HZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_IbxJFVd7iaDSw

PAC SNI-35 Variable LOC Line Out Converter 1.2x6.25x5.9 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EAWS3W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_TLwZalFspLwzy

Scosche Install Centric ICAK8 True 8 Gauge Hybrid OFC 2-Channel High Current Amplifier Wiring Kit Complete Car Amp Kit Twisted Pair Audio Cables, In-L https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FRT6CL9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_iVWCgUuRdKcvO

Fairfield The Original Poly-Fil, Premium Polyester Fiber Fill, Soft Pillow Stuffing, Stuffing for Stuffed Animals, Toys, Cloud Decorations, and More, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004ALQ0M2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_KMamhmIOHJB59

VELCRO Brand Extreme Outdoor Mounting Tape | 20Ft x 1 In, Holds 15 lbs | Strong Heavy Duty Stick on Adhesive | Mount on Brick, Concrete for Hanging, 3 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BNPHCZX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_h3yCf6bj8OIpl

IMG_1884.jpeg

IMG_1886.jpeg

IMG_1883.jpeg

IMG_1882.jpeg

IMG_1881.jpeg

IMG_1879.jpeg

IMG_1877.jpeg
Sponsored

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
How do you get it wired up and tied into the factory system?

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD
By tapping into the signal for one of the other speakers by the looks of it. Power. Ground. Done.

OP
OP
suprastew

suprastew

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
For the input bass signal I tied the Line Out Converter into the speaker wires exiting the oem amp on the drivers side rear in the hatch area above the rear tire well. I have attached the UK wiring diagram. Remember for the US the Passenger and Driver sides or opposite.

For the amp remote signal I tied into the rear fuse box (fuse F215) diagram attached.

Amp power, used the 8-gauge (50 amp fused) supplied with the wiring kit directly to the oem battery.

IMG_1841.jpeg

IMG_1842.jpeg

IMG_1811.jpeg

MSport

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
Could you do a replacement in the factory box with maybe build something to enclose the top?

OP
OP
suprastew

suprastew

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Could you do a replacement in the factory box with maybe build something to enclose the top?
Yes you can. I was quoted $2200 by my local stereo shop for something exactly like that. I wanted the adventure of trying to do something myself. I have more time then money😂

MSport

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
Yes you can. I was quoted $2200 by my local stereo shop for something exactly like that. I wanted the adventure of trying to do something myself. I have more time then money😂

I might dive into an upgrade here. Im thinking the lid to the box could stand to come up 12-16" then you could turn the subs to the rear at that point with a clear center piece housing the amp. not sacrificing precious cargo space.

OP
OP
suprastew

suprastew

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I might dive into an upgrade here. Im thinking the lid to the box could stand to come up 12-16" then you could turn the subs to the rear at that point with a clear center piece housing the amp. not sacrificing precious cargo space.
I definitely understand the storage concern. The box could be modified to house the amp. There was also space for this small powerful amp next to the battery underneath the cover, but I didn’t feel comfortable with it there. Storage space is not a huge concern for my use since this is my weekend cruise, track, stress relief car.

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
You can build an enclosure either on top of yours, or remove yours. I’ve done both now. This one is after removing the old box completely. Don’t try and reuse your box in any capacity, you will be disappointed
Good luck. It’s doable

D2FDBA6D-3B34-4A03-AD0D-5FBCDC1ACFB4.png

OP
OP
suprastew

suprastew

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
You can build an enclosure either on top of yours, or remove yours. I’ve done both now. This one is after removing the old box completely. Don’t try and reuse your box in any capacity, you will be disappointed
Good luck. It’s doable

D2FDBA6D-3B34-4A03-AD0D-5FBCDC1ACFB4.png
If you don’t mind me asking…what was the cost of this setup?

Caden Yeatman

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 BMW M4
For the input bass signal I tied the Line Out Converter into the speaker wires exiting the oem amp on the drivers side rear in the hatch area above the rear tire well. I have attached the UK wiring diagram. Remember for the US the Passenger and Driver sides or opposite.

For the amp remote signal I tied into the rear fuse box (fuse F215) diagram attached.

Amp power, used the 8-gauge (50 amp fused) supplied with the wiring kit directly to the oem battery.

IMG_1841.jpeg

IMG_1842.jpeg

IMG_1811.jpeg
I’m looking to do the same! Did you take out all of the trim panels as well? Also did soldier anything or just heat tabs?

OP
OP
suprastew

suprastew

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I’m looking to do the same! Did you take out all of the trim panels as well? Also did soldier anything or just heat tabs?
You have to remove the driver's side interior rear quarter panel to access the speaker out wiring exiting the factory amplifier. I did soldier anything just used butt connectors. Sorry I'm not a professional stereo installer by any means.

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I’m an audio nerd from way back. So I wanted one last ultimate SQ setup in my life. The Supra is a great platform for audio. Once you get the speaker locations changed. Lol
Sponsored