Anyone cross shop an Integra Type S?

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
Lol "car enthusiasts" yet not knowing damn well that CTR was upgraded to the gills for track whereas the Supra was on stock everything and also the 19-20 varient model prior to bump.

Backfired real quick mate.
i was about to say that before you edited, might as well add that it was a '20 and not the updated '23 that runs 3-4 seconds faster at USA tracks. i'm well aware and my observation stands
Sponsored

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
i was about to say that before you edited, might as well add that it was a '20 and not the updated '23 that runs 3-4 seconds faster at USA tracks. i'm well aware and my observation stands
Right on.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
I had an Integra Type S, and I'm back in a Supra.

Honestly, the Type S is absolutely fantastic. One of the best cars I've owned, and 100% worthy of all of the praise it receives. It's plenty quick enough for most, has a magnificent manual trans, handles incredibly well, is quite comfortable, quiet on the highway, etc. I really can't sing enough praises about the car. The only real downside is the quality of assembly - rattles galore, but that's certainly no contrast from the Supra.

So, why am I back in a Supra?

A few reasons. First, development for the aftermarket on the ITS, aside from power mods (which are of course shared with the CTR), is pretty stagnant. It's a US-only car, so none of the JDM companies are developing anything for them.

Between the ITS and the CTR, the ITS is definitely the better car, if you need to drive on the street. It will never be great at dual-duty, though. No tow hook holes, no aero on the market (and it needs it, the car takes a corner well because of the mechanical grip, but you can get the front-end to lift VERY easily when going over a decent crest), and just a few annoying bits like that. The CTR is better for all of this, but has a much less compliant suspension (which can be mitigated by using the ITS suspension controller, if you wish), but has no heated seats, etc., so it's less of a street car, for sure.

Wheels are also a pain on the ITS. Stock offset is +60, and going too far away from that ruins all of the fantastic torque steer mitigation they have built into the car. A +45 (which is what most aftermarket sets are) changes the scrub radius enough to hurt the overall driving experience. You may not notice it, or you may not care - but just wanted to warn you of that.

The audio system in the ITS is weird, too. Even with the treble turned all the way down, it is insanely harsh in the high-end. Great bass, though. The Supra system - believe it or not - is substantially better, aside from lows. Much easier to fix, though.

Anyway, at the end of the day, it depends on what you're looking for! The ITS is about as good as a FWD sports car for the street can get. The Supra is a better performer in virtually every category, but also comes with the BMW tax for mods. The ITS will 100% scrape in places where the Supra does not, so if you go with the ITS, make sure you get something to protect the under side of the lip.

Oh - and the 3.0L Supra gets better gas mileage, especially if you're on the highway a lot!

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
It's a shame that the "10th gen Accord infotainment" still has AA and the Supra doesn't. I think this is mostly solved with an $800 aftermarket addon, though it is still not seamless. People rave about the ELS system in the ITS, but I've read people bash the JBL in the Supra here.

I also have an Integraforum account now and planned on asking the same question there.
Just to throw this out there, though I did include a blurb in my write-up about it - anyone who raves about the ELS system in the ITS is probably extremely young. The type of person who gets into a car, cranks the treble and the bass to max, and thinks it sounds amazing.

Again, even with turning the treble all the way down, the highs were still extremely harsh. Mids are pretty decent, bass is pretty good, but definitely nothing worth raving about, even on the best day. Admittedly, maybe mine had an issue of some sort, but the loaner A-Spec I had when my ITS was in for service (a coil pack died within a week of ownership) had the ELS, and sounded the same.

OP
OP

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Model S, 97 Miata, 12 Ridgeline
Wow, great comparison. I hadn't read the issues with ITS wheels or the lack of aftermarket support, but that makes sense. I'm not sure I would even modify the suspension since it would remain my daily driver, and it seems pretty competent as-is. I'd likely only toss on a set of wheels for the track.

The build quality of the ITS didn't bother me. It seemed solid enough during my test drive, but I'm also used to Tesla and 25+ year old Mazda convertible build quality, so my expectations have been well managed. What I save in depreciation by not owning a Tesla I'll have plenty of money left over for Supra modifications, even with the German tax.

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
IMHO, the JBL system in the Supra is bad. Itā€™s the worst sounding out of all the cars I have. Even the old ass Harmon Kardon in my 15 GLA45 sounds better.

And before someone says itā€™s cause of small cabin space in the Supra, Iā€™m sure thatā€™s part of it, but the B&O in the TTRS sounds great in a similarly sized cabin.

Havenā€™t heard the ELS in the Integra but have heard the system in the CTR and it sounded better than the JBL in the Supra.

Edit: to stay on topic Supra over the ITS all day everyday. Not comparable cars really.

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
I would, and think Type-S is a really good looking car. Issue is its fwd, so if only one performance car, Supra for me. If I had the space for a second fun car I would def consider CTR/Type-S

PowerGetter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' 45th Anni Supra 3.0 6MT, 23' Subaru Ascent
What's interesting is that my brother just picked up an Integra Type-S last week. It's an AWESOME car. So much infact that I'm also getting it as a daily -- keep it stock, keep it drivable while my Supra is more of a track oriented machine.

The manual gearbox on the Type S is the best I've ever felt. I haven't driven all the cars in the world, but I've driven many, and again... the Type S manual gear box is amazing; easy to shift yet provides great feedback. I really love the car.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Everyone raves about the shifter, but I found it a little too notchy to deserve such praise.
With a slightly heavier knob (300-500 grams), and several thousand miles of wear-in, the sticky and notchy aspects disappear. It's pretty damn swell.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
What's interesting is that my brother just picked up an Integra Type-S last week. It's an AWESOME car. So much infact that I'm also getting it as a daily -- keep it stock, keep it drivable while my Supra is more of a track oriented machine.

The manual gearbox on the Type S is the best I've ever felt. I haven't driven all the cars in the world, but I've driven many, and again... the Type S manual gear box is amazing; easy to shift yet provides great feedback. I really love the car.
That's exactly the right way to do it. It's so perfect stock that just about anything you do to it (outside of audio improvements and fixing rattles) is only going to make it worse. It's both the best and worst thing about the car, honestly.

Illest1Five

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Supra MT 45th Anniversary, '06 Impreza STI
I am highly considering an ITS as a daily driver. It checks the boxes as to what I look for in a daily driver - fun, practical, comfortable, and reliable. My Supra and STI checks 2 or 3 of these boxes, which make them better served as my weekend/track cars.

I wouldn't consider cross shopping an ITS/CTR with a Supra unless I have to consolidate cars, with practicality as a major consideration.

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
A great looking sedan when equipped with all the goodies...

IMG_1092.jpeg
White Acura's (or any car really) on bronze/gold rims always gets me going... Reminds me of my old TL-S with gold Racing Harts CRs back in the early 2000s.

Agree that the ITS looks great. Getting an ITS as a DD and a Supra is a great combination.

bk5

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT
i'm well aware and my observation stands
Tires make the Supra "slow" on track. The Supra wears a tires that several generations old while the Type S runs the Pilot Sport 4S. Even still, the 23 ran LL 9 seconds faster than the ITS (and 3 faster than the CTR on Cup 2s).

Tires are a basic mod that's going to improve track times dramatically. A pair of Pilot Sport 4S tires on the Supra would probably drop it's LL time another 5 seconds and sport cup 2s would have the car easily in the mid 2:40s.

Now, if you have a comparison between the ITS and Supra on the same tires, I'd be curious to hear the results. But my money is on the Supra dominating an apples-to-apples comparison every time.

PowerGetter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' 45th Anni Supra 3.0 6MT, 23' Subaru Ascent
My brothers Type S and my 45th making a guest appearance.

DSCF1147.jpg

DSCF1130.jpg
DSCF1139.jpg
DSCF1135.jpg
DSCF1141.jpg
Sponsored