Anyone see this article?

Jambo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr supra 2020.
Seen this the other day. It says all allocated lots have been taken, but I firmly believe itā€™s because theyā€™re not selling, I could be completely wrong though

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Seen this the other day. It says all allocated lots have been taken, but I firmly believe itā€™s because theyā€™re not selling, I could be completely wrong though
It could be easy to verify if you monitor Toyota.com. It did look like sales were slowing, but then again, loan interest rates have been very high.

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 3.0 MT, '23 BRZ, '06 RX-8
It could be easy to verify if you monitor Toyota.com. It did look like sales were slowing, but then again, loan interest rates have been very high.
Hopefully I'm not talking out my ass here, but from what I saw on the news, UK home mortgages are not fixed rates for more than 3-5 years so UK households feel a lot more of the pain, not like here in the US where so many people are refinanced @ 2-4% interest for 30 yrs, so higher rates donā€™t hurt if they arenā€™t trying to move.

Iā€™m sure the UK members of this forum would have much more knowledge on this.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Hopefully I'm not talking out my ass here, but from what I saw on the news, UK home mortgages are not fixed rates for more than 3-5 years so UK households feel a lot more of the pain, not like here in the US where so many people are refinanced @ 2-4% interest for 30 yrs, so higher rates donā€™t hurt if they arenā€™t trying to move.

Iā€™m sure the UK members of this forum would have much more knowledge on this.
UK and Canada have 3-5 year adjustable rate mortgages and they are feeling the pain right now. The good news is with inflation coming down as we speak, interest rates should be lower in 2024 and 2025.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
UK and Canada have 3-5 year adjustable rate mortgages and they are feeling the pain right now. The good news is with inflation coming down as we speak, interest rates should be lower in 2024 and 2025.
Canada has 1-5 year fixed or variable mortgages. I tried to tell my clients not to do 1 year mortgages near the end of covid but they thought they knee better now they're hurting. So many people are. And canada got a bs luxury tax so people kind of have to choose wisely where they put their fun money.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Canada has 1-5 year fixed or variable mortgages. I tried to tell my clients not to do 1 year mortgages near the end of covid but they thought they knee better now they're hurting. So many people are. And canada got a bs luxury tax so people kind of have to choose wisely where they put their fun money.
Thanks for the correction. I don't have clients or know anyone in Canada. I wonder if these high interest rates are hurting the Supra in the UK or if the MKV in the UK just lost it's following. I feel like everything I see being built from people in the UK are BMWs like F80s, F87s and even the new G87 is getting popular on youtube it seems. I hope this isn't the end of the MKV due to declining sales.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Thanks for the correction. I don't have clients or know anyone in Canada. I wonder if these high interest rates are hurting the Supra in the UK or if the MKV in the UK just lost it's following. I feel like everything I see being built from people in the UK are BMWs like F80s, F87s and even the new G87 is getting popular on youtube it seems. I hope this isn't the end of the MKV due to declining sales.
Doesn't change anything though. Supra is rumored to end in a couple of years regardless. Probably a slow wind down.

Richard Truman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra Preamum
Yea if sales get real slow for the manual or cease to exisist
our Subra s with go up in price Thats s fine with me

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yea if sales get real slow for the manual or cease to exisist
our Subra s with go up in price Thats s fine with me
Having a limited-edition model is fine with me, also. I just hope part supplies don't dwindle with production.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Having a limited-edition model is fine with me, also. I just hope part supplies don't dwindle with production.
I think the few Toyota parts will indeed dwindle but the BMW bits (including the B58) will be around for a long while since they are common with many cars.

OP
OP
concept

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think the few Toyota parts will indeed dwindle but the BMW bits (including the B58) will be around for a long while since they are common with many cars.
Good point!:thumbsup:
Sponsored