OP

Bern77

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MK5
Easy Power Path = JB4 + Downpipe followed by e30 + custom map for the JB4.

Get you into the 440hp range at the wheel. You'll keep up C7 Vettes on the highway. Secondary market is strong making it easy to buy used OR sell your stuff down the road. Easy to install at home. This is about the upper limit of this approach.

As others have said, the real tune is required for more power and/or real sporting applications (race/drag). But to get the real value of the tune you really have to back it up with more parts (heat and/or fuel). You'll find yourself on threads comparing how many stock trans you've been through.
I appreciate the info my friend.
Sponsored

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Easy Power Path = JB4 + Downpipe followed by e30 + custom map for the JB4.

Get you into the 440hp range at the wheel.
It's easier than that ;) 440whp is no problem for most 93 octane cars on JB4, just got dyno results this week posted on my thread.

Expect 460 whp+ on e-blends.

not all dynos are the same, of course. Gains over stock is the only number that really matters

OP
OP

Bern77

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MK5
It's easier than that ;) 440whp is no problem for most 93 octane cars on JB4, just got dyno results this week posted on my thread.

Expect 460 whp+ on e-blends.

not all dynos are the same, of course. Gains over stock is the only number that really matters
That’s pretty impressive for JB4. I appreciate it.

CrushA90

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 MK5 supra .... 97 sc300 2JZGTE 1000++ HP
So i plan on getting either the JB4 or BM3 with just an intake. Stage 1/Map 1 is as far i’m planning to go as far as tuning. Has anyone experienced both platforms in stage 1? If so which produces more horsepower/torque. Also will I need an upgraded charge pipe if this is all I plan on modifying?
🤣🤣🤣🤣 stay stock save your money. Intake does nothing on the car.

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Dynos are weird. I always quote 440 at the wheel because no one on this forum has ever presented a worse number. In truth, saying mid 400s is the more accurate statement because results really do vary (elevation, temperature, dyno, etc..). But people with poop colored glasses read that as 400 and gripe about how it's waste of money. People with rose colored glasses can get disappointed because they don't reach some artificial threshold number like 450. So 440 is best possible answer that describes the value without over inflating it.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Dynos are weird. I always quote 440 at the wheel because no one on this forum has ever presented a worse number. In truth, saying mid 400s is the more accurate statement because results really do vary (elevation, temperature, dyno, etc..). But people with poop colored glasses read that as 400 and gripe about how it's waste of money. People with rose colored glasses can get disappointed because they don't reach some artificial threshold number like 450. So 440 is best possible answer that describes the value without over inflating it.
Yep. Only on a car like a Supra would 440whp sound like "not enough" lol. ~500bhp from a stock flash car on pump gas😂
Sponsored