Chief Engineer Says Supra's Blocked-Off Air Vents Can Be Made Functional / Functional vents possible?

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
i was kidding man. Lol You been on this forum longer than most of us. You can say whatever you want. Haha

You gotta love the Mkv somewhat for being on here for so long.
I figured you were half joking. I was more so referring to another individual. :p

The only thing holding me back is the lack of manual. But everyone keeps saying maybe later down the road, so I guess I'll continue on with the waiting game. :rolleyes:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I figured you were half joking. I was more so referring to another individual. :p

The only thing holding me back is the lack of manual. But everyone keeps saying maybe later down the road, so I guess I'll continue on with the waiting game. :rolleyes:
no problem man. Coming from 2 manuals, I really love the zf automatic. It’s nice for a change in stop n go traffic. Even the wife can drive it too. I am probably one of the few people that love how the a90 is an auto. Lol ?

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
What do you guys think about this? The site says its functional.

Some how I missed this. I love them! ?

Dear Toyota, you guys should consider something like this for the facelift.

no problem man. Coming from 2 manuals, I really love the zf automatic. It’s nice for a change in stop n go traffic. Even the wife can drive it too. I am probably one of the few people that love how the a90 is an auto. Lol ?
I actually want a manual so the wife can't touch it. ??

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Does anyone know if those fenders come with a set of fender liners with openings, or do you have to cut into your existing fender liners to make them functional?

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Does anyone know if those fenders come with a set of fender liners with openings, or do you have to cut into your existing fender liners to make them functional?
I think it just comes with the fenders and nothing else.

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium (Downshift Blue)
Reminds me of this one on the photoshop thread.
Its my understanding the holes on the inside of the hood serve as functional vents when the "fog lights" vents are opened and the hood vents are opened. Just fyi.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Its my understanding the holes on the inside of the hood serve as functional vents when the "fog lights" vents are opened and the hood vents are opened. Just fyi.
How? Under the hood, there isn't any opening. Jackie talks about in his video.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
The holes on the underside of the hood connect to the exterior hood vents.
These tiny quarter and dime size holes? :rofl: Sorry, that isn't going to vent anything even with the bumper vent opened up. Even if you do open it up, the fender liner is blocking. If you remove that, air will have to somehow find it's way though those little holes, travel forward and then out of the vent since they are aft of the hood vent. To make it functional, there has to be come cutting , fab work involved or aftermarket. From a factory standpoint, they are useless.

1609283057607.png
Sponsored