First time buying aftermarket wheels. Some setup and fitment questions

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Mazda 3 Sedan
Hey guys. I know there's probably been a million other threads asking about wheel fitment but this is my first time buying aftermarket wheels, so I really just wanted to ask about this specific setup that I'm looking into. I found a "Like New" set of BC Forged EH184's with tires off Facebook Marketplace for a pretty good deal. The tires have roughly 5k miles on them. The specs are below:

Fronts: 19x9.5 +22 wrapped in 275/35/19 Michelin PSS
Rears: 19x11.5 +38 wrapped in 305/30/19 Michelin PS4S

Currently I'm running the OEM 19" wheels, stock 255 fronts and 275 rear tires, 13mm spacers in front and 15mm spacers in rear, and stock suspension as well. With this new setup I'd remove the spacers because I don't want the tires extending past the fender. The few questions I have:
  • Has anyone tried running a similar setup and encountered any rubbing? I'm on stock suspension right now but will most likely be lowering the car in the near future
  • Is 11.5 too wide for the rears? Everyone I've seen typically will run no wider than 11, however I know 305 tires will fit fine in the rear but just wanted to make sure
  • Does the difference in sidewall height between front and rears matter?
  • The set comes with TPMS sensors installed. Once I put on the new wheels, how do you perform the TPMS reset in the car?
I appreciate any help! Just looking for that last bit of reassurance before dropping the cash. Thanks in advance guys!
Sponsored

OP
OP
SupraBH

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
11.5 + 38 seems pretty aggressive for the car.

-Josh
I was worried about the same, but in the pics of the seller's Supra it doesn't look too aggressive so I wasn't sure. This is from the listing:

IMG_5224.jpg
IMG_5225.jpg

He has no spacers and is on HKS springs.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I've never seen 11.5" on an A90. I wonder if the seller's setup came from a non-A90. I also didn't know you could do a 275/35/19 up front. It may rub a bit, but hard for me sitting here to say conclusively one way or another.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
I've never seen 11.5" on an A90. I wonder if the seller's setup came from a non-A90. I also didn't know you could do a 275/35/19 up front. It may rub a bit, but hard for me sitting here to say conclusively one way or another.
OP did the seller buy these new? If not, he might be trying to offload a bad 2nd hand purchase.

OP
OP
SupraBH

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
He said he purchased the car from his friend and the wheels were already on the car when he bought it, so they should only have ever been on an A90. I've seen a few forum posts mention running 275's up front without rubbing but ultimately it will probably depend on the suspension setup.

Would you say a safer bet would be to run like 265/35/19 up front and 295/35/19 in the rear? Can those size tires be wrapped around the OEM wheels?

OP
OP
SupraBH

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's a corvette size... OP did the seller buy these new? If not, he might be trying to offload a bad 2nd hand purchase.
He did not. He bought the Supra from his friend and when he bought it the wheels were already on it. He has since switched to a drag pack setup which is why he's selling these.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
He said he purchased the car from his friend and the wheels were already on the car when he bought it, so they should only have ever been on an A90. I've seen a few forum posts mention running 275's up front without rubbing but ultimately it will probably depend on the suspension setup.

Would you say a safer bet would be to run like 265/35/19 up front and 295/35/19 in the rear? Can those size tires be wrapped around the OEM wheels?
I wouldn't necessarily run away from these BC Forged wheels. You may just have to take a chance if the deal is really good. You could also try calling BC Forged directly and ask them if this is the standard A90 fitment.

There's plenty of threads on different sized tires on the stock OEM wheels.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
He has no spacers and is on HKS springs.
Pretty sure you’ll need the same HKS height-adjustable springs or a set of real coil overs to have the clearance to fit those wheels without spacer.

personally would pass

OP
OP
SupraBH

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pretty sure you’ll need the same HKS height-adjustable springs or a set of real coil overs to have the clearance to fit those wheels without spacer.

personally would pass
You’re saying if I were to lower the car right? On stock suspension it shouldn’t have issues I’m assuming.

Without adjusting the HKS springs at all, just install and leave it, how much of a drop would that be?

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
check the inside of the wheel. BC forged etches the offset into the wheel. I have actually seen BC spec 19x11.5 for another local guy that runs 325/30 rears.

But im pretty sure thats a 19x11, looks almost the same as my 19x11 BC fitment.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
You’re saying if I were to lower the car right? On stock suspension it shouldn’t have issues I’m assuming.

Without adjusting the HKS springs at all, just install and leave it, how much of a drop would that be?
its not about ride height. Those particular springs(or coil overs) increase the clearance on the strut side of the wheel and allow you to run a wider wheel without a spacer.

on stock springs you won’t have as much space behind the wheel (the springs physically stick out further) and you’ll need to add spacers
 then your wheels will poke and not look like they do on your friend’s car.

not 100% sure but I haven’t seen anyone run that setup on stock suspension, so very likely you need the extra clearance from coil overs

OP
OP
SupraBH

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
its not about ride height. Those particular springs(or coil overs) increase the clearance on the strut side of the wheel and allow you to run a wider wheel without a spacer.

on stock springs you won’t have as much space behind the wheel (the springs physically stick out further) and you’ll need to add spacers
 then your wheels will poke and not look like they do on your friend’s car.

not 100% sure but I haven’t seen anyone run that setup on stock suspension, so very likely you need the extra clearance from coil overs
Ahhh okay, I’m following now. Sorry, relatively new to modifying suspension and wheels so I appreciate you explaining that. It definitely makes sense.

I’m supposed to meet up with him tomorrow to take a look at the wheels, however if I’m going to need spacers just to clear then you’re right, I’ll probably pass as the width is already aggressive enough.

I’m going to keep digging to see if I can find anyone else running 11.5 and what their setups look like, but I really appreciate this insight!

OP
OP
SupraBH

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
check the inside of the wheel. BC forged etches the offset into the wheel. I have actually seen BC spec 19x11.5 for another local guy that runs 325/30 rears.

But im pretty sure thats a 19x11, looks almost the same as my 19x11 BC fitment.
I asked him to confirm if they were 19x11 or 19x11.5 and he confirmed 11.5 but I guess I won’t know for sure until I check them out tomorrow