GR Supra 101: Routes to big power

Andrew__a90

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
Don’t worry about adding boost. Just do it. With those mods you should be very close to 450 whp. Add as much boost as you can. The engine can handle it.
Ok that’s good to know, as much as I want more power reliability is the most important thing for me. Would JB4 or FEMTO be better?
Sponsored

Dr. Supra

First Name
Danyoll
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Nitro Yellow
Ok that’s good to know, as much as I want more power reliability is the most important thing for me. Would JB4 or FEMTO be better?
This is answered on the first page.... he literally tells the difference

Andrew__a90

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
This is answered on the first page.... he literally tells the difference
You know instead of responding to my comment by telling me it was answered somewhere else you could have just answered the question.

racebuild

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
You know instead of responding to my comment by telling me it was answered somewhere else you could have just answered the question.
Manipulation vs full calibration of the DME. I think the answer is clear.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
@D3ad_Hand solid post and good contributions from the guys here.

One point I would like to add is that everyone gets hung up on the horsepower wars and forgets about torque.

With the stock turbo you can make 475whp but still hit above 600wtq. This makes for a very snappy car from a launch. I catch Mopars and Bowties sleeping at stoplights often. Even the Pure800/850 bois need a decent stretch to catch up.

With 600 wtq you can have a fun car without throwing 10’s of thousands of $$ at mods.

-RJM

(e50, catted downpipe and stock exhaust.)
photo-output.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
@D3ad_Hand solid post and good contributions from the guys here.

One point I would like to add is that everyone gets hung up on the horsepower wars and forgets about torque.

With the stock turbo you can make 475whp but still hit above 600wtq. This makes for a very snappy car from a launch. I catch Mopars and Bowties sleeping at stoplights often. Even the Pure800/850 bois need a decent stretch to catch up.

With 600 wtq you can have a fun car without throwing 10’s of thousands of $$ at mods.

-RJM

(e50, catted downpipe and stock exhaust.)
photo-output.jpeg
Thank you. You bring up a good point. You're definitely right most people get hung up on the hp, that's why I mostly mention hp rather tq. I will edit the post to mention tq.

P.S can I grab the dyno sheet you provided?

Last edited:
OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's in the post with details. However, to answer your question, a DME unlock is way better than jb4, but for your application you can do both and get good results, the unlock results will be better, but if you don't want to go through the hassle of unlocking, JB4 is the way to go. 500whp is achievable on both. E50 and a downpipe with a tune should give you what you're looking for. DME unlocks and tunning with calibrations are always better than a piggyback tune (JB4), which is btw not the only piggyback tune available, but it is the most popular. Go with a dme unlock.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Thank you. You bring up a good point. You're definitely right most people get hung up on the hp, that's why I mostly mention hp rather tq. I will edit the post to mention tq.

P.S can I grab the dyno sheet you provided?
For sure, you’re more than welcome to use it for reference.

-RJM

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, 95' 300ZX SMZ, 22' F150 Limited
@D3ad_Hand i think the following statement is only partially true now. With BM3 CustomRom, you can run a true flex-fuel tune that auto adjusts to the amount of E in the tank... if you have an ethanol sensor that is interfaced with the CANBUS.

"Since Femto only does partial unlock as of now, you can't have certain fueling mods like flex-fuel (ethanol tunes are still possible on Femto unlocks)."

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@D3ad_Hand i think the following statement is only partially true now. With BM3 CustomRom, you can run a true flex-fuel tune that auto adjusts to the amount of E in the tank... if you have an ethanol sensor that is interfaced with the CANBUS.

"Since Femto only does partial unlock as of now, you can't have certain fueling mods like flex-fuel (ethanol tunes are still possible on Femto unlocks)."
I need to update that because, you can run flex fuel now with customROM. you're 110% right. Thank you for letting me know. The post was out before customROM so that explains it. I should add flex fuel to the fueling section. Thank you for the reminder.