Heads up display Issue

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yup, this has now happened to me too. HUD just shifted down a few notches. Easy to readjust but I wonder why it insists on lowering on its own.
Sponsored

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2014 TRD Supercharged Tundra
Yup, this has now happened to me too. HUD just shifted down a few notches. Easy to readjust but I wonder why it insists on lowering on its own.
I'd pay good money for it to just move.. mines completely gone! I kind of think it happened after a drive through wash.. but not certain.. pretty strange, hoping it pops back up soon

supralicious

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra MK V
I faced the same issue on my Supra today. Magically the HUD was shifted higher (like in the middle of the windscreen) where it definitely wasn't before. I had to adjust it way down. I will be at the dealer on Thursday, because of my keyless access issue. I will also report about the HUD issue... It's very strange. I stopped and restarted the car and it didn't fix it. Maybe the car has to be left for an anount of time and it will be fixed by itself. I'll check tomorrow.

Last edited:

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
This just happened to me today. I thought the HUD had disappeared, but it had adjusted itself so low, I couldn't see it. Setting it to max height put it barely in view. I'm hoping like most others here, it will magically fix itself. Has anyone had to actually get this fixed?

Kaizen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
This happened to me a few times. I noticed it was when parking on a steep incline with the car facing downwards. Another time when the car was facing uphill (parking). Upon starting up and driving off I saw the HUD had "disappeared". It was either too low or way up on the windshield. Shutting the car off and locking it for a few minutes on a level surface brought the HUD back to where I had it.

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody else heads up display magically shift up or moved at all without touching any setting? Either I’m tripping hard or entire thing shifted up a lot where it’s considerably noticeable. I try to change the setting to shift all the way down but it’s still pretty high upon my display.
Your not the only one. I have been having issues like that as well. It's a software issue. See if your car is due for a software update.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure y'all aren't wearing polarized glasses, I know that got me confused the first couple times o_O

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Make sure y'all aren't wearing polarized glasses, I know that got me confused the first couple times o_O
Yeah that one threw me when I first got the car. Thought the brightness was jacked. This was definitely a position calibration thing. Cleared itself on the next startup like everyone else after letting the car sit.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I can add myself to the list of the moving HUD. Did 2 days of auto-x this weekend and on my drive home on Sunday, I could barely see the screen. It moved way down on its own. I am not going to adjust it but rather see if it fixes itself.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Interesting. I wonder if there is some self-leveling sensor inside which gets wacked with too much g-force? I'm curious if you can even correct it by adjust height. Other cause could be that it physically moved :)

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Interesting. I wonder if there is some self-leveling sensor inside which gets wacked with too much g-force? I'm curious if you can even correct it by adjust height. Other cause could be that it physically moved :)
It's definitely a calibration issue. When it happened to mine, I "adjusted" the hight to max, and it barely came back into view. My guess is that it calibrates on startup (the HUD does not come on until the car is started) and something gets wonk and causes it to calibrate center line incorrectly. Also likely why the issue seems to self correct after the car is turned off and goes to full shutdown.

The software in this car is pretty buggy

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Sorry to bother you, but how do you adjust the HUD? Mine is really high.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Sorry to bother you, but how do you adjust the HUD? Mine is really high.
I believe it's under "Vehicle Settings" then "Displays" then one of the sliders should allow you to adjust it up and down and display brightness. If you can't find it, I can post a picture tomorrow, just let me know.

edit* correction to the above, the setting to adjust the heads up display is under My Vehicle > System settings > Displays > Heads Up Display > then height and rotation
Sponsored

Last edited: