First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra LE #1292, 2012 Yamaha R6
I love that you started your own company to prevent šŸ’© like this. What do you recommend for the minimal motion sensor camera for our cars? I went to your site and there were sooooooooo many options. Not busting on your site, just me. I canā€™t make it out.

What would we (Supra owners) need to prevent this from happening?

Iā€™d want the most minimal camera and motion sensor to catch scumbags like this. I have a Garmin Catalyst camera. It has a suction cup and is tiny as crap. Do you have anything thatā€™ll work with that? Doubtful, but figured Iā€™d ask, lol. The parking mode kit seems to hit all the buttons for me. Itā€™s tiny and can capture stuff like this.
I've learned there is NOTHING you can do to completely prevent this type of thing from happening - except leave your car in the garage.

This is the one I'm using:
[BlackVue Dash Camera] DR970x-2CH 4K LTE

** Coupon code "JAXNESS" for 10% off and FREE shipping for orders over $200 **

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 2.37.23ā€ÆPM.png

If you're looking for a dash camera, don't aim for "minimal."

For under $1,000, I can drop my Supra off to get an alignment and watch live dash cam footage while the service is being done... all from the comfort of my office. The camera even has two-way audio so I can talk to the technician (in case he starts talking about going for a joy ride). Or if you're bored... let the wife borrow your car and scare the hell out of her while she's doing the Starbuck's drive-thru FOR THE 8TH TIME in 24 hours.

Parking mode will catch the jerk that door-dings you in a parking lot. 24/7 GPS tracking might even qualify you for a discount with your auto insurance company. Plus... you can always compete with yourself every week to beat your own Driving Score, lol

IMG_5024.jpg
IMG_5025.PNG
IMG_B4ED10BBD6E1-1.jpeg

If you don't need all these features, what's the point of buying a less expensive dash camera if the video quality is so bad you can't see the license plate on the car that hit you?

I have 30% ceramic tint on my entire windshield and even when driving into the sunset, my dash cam still clearly displayed the water-filled pothole that damaged my car - which I sent with my claim to the DOT for full reimbursement of my repair cost (which was a higher price than the dash cam itself_.

It's cheaper to buy & and cry once.

Buy a quality setup and it'll last long enough for you to swap it into your next couple car purchases.

I love that @Jaxness replied and didnā€™t even say a thing about your comment. My wife or daughter would never do that as well. Hit and run. Nor get their panties in a wad from random comments.
Was I supposed to say something? I thought his comment was pretty straight forward.
They really can't drive :crazy:
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I've learned there is NOTHING you can do to completely prevent this type of thing from happening - except leave your car in the garage.

This is the one I'm using:
[BlackVue Dash Camera] DR970x-2CH 4K LTE

** Coupon code "JAXNESS" for 10% off and FREE shipping for orders over $200 **

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 2.37.23ā€ÆPM.png

If you're looking for a dash camera, don't aim for "minimal."

For under $1,000, I can drop my Supra off to get an alignment and watch live dash cam footage while the service is being done... all from the comfort of my office. The camera even has two-way audio so I can talk to the technician (in case he starts talking about going for a joy ride). Or if you're bored... let the wife borrow your car and scare the hell out of her while she's doing the Starbuck's drive-thru FOR THE 8TH TIME in 24 hours.

Parking mode will catch the jerk that door-dings you in a parking lot. 24/7 GPS tracking might even qualify you for a discount with your auto insurance company. Plus... you can always compete with yourself every week to beat your own Driving Score, lol

IMG_5024.jpg
IMG_5025.PNG
IMG_B4ED10BBD6E1-1.jpeg

If you don't need all these features, what's the point of buying a less expensive dash camera if the video quality is so bad you can't see the license plate on the car that hit you?

I have 30% ceramic tint on my entire windshield and even when driving into the sunset, my dash cam still clearly displayed the water-filled pothole that damaged my car - which I sent with my claim to the DOT for full reimbursement of my repair cost (which was a higher price than the dash cam itself_.

It's cheaper to buy & and cry once.

Buy a quality setup and it'll last long enough for you to swap it into your next couple car purchases.

Was I supposed to say something? I thought his comment was pretty straight forward.
They really can't drive :crazy:
Well said and thanks Jax!