ghosted

ghosted

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
c300, 330i
f87 you meant. Buying a ~5 year old car (which the f87 will be) vs. a new car carries many implications. Thus the MKV (despite being about $15k more than a used F87), even IF not in the same league as the F87, will be chosen by some/many if for no other reason than being new, or at least, newer. And the MKV is a good car, not a bad car. I held an overly optimistic opinion of the MKV before I began down this trail and the evo.co.uk article's author comment really sandbagged it...a good thing overall. That is why we research before purchase!
Sponsored

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Yay! Now apr that sucker for 20% for 8 years.

My sincerest apology... the F87.

OP
OP
ghosted

ghosted

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
c300, 330i
depends on credit- for some (myself) closer to 6% for a used car

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
@SuupYota - your comment is just shortsighted my friend. Respectfully. Would one who owns a MKV but nonetheless stirs the pot be a troll? By your logic, they would not. Nor can you call my serious question(s) "stirring the pot". A troll is one who purposely attempts to incite folks for no reason other than to upset them. I have NEVER sought to do that for such behavior is sinful. My only interest is to run the evo.co.uk author's comments against a vast forum of folks who have real world experience with the Supra AND the F87. It will take a specialized community of folks to even find someone qualified (one who has driven the F87 and the MKV). Am I in the market for a MKV? Yes- but I have other cars in mind. If I was not in the market - I would not be so serious-minded about the car.

This guy is a slanderer. For real.
Hahaha, what? Did you type that all by yourself, or did you get an adult to insert the big boy grammar for you? If you were "serious-minded" about the car, you'd have test drove both, and formed your own opinions. You are just here to be a clown.

We get it, the C300 forum has probably all but dried up by now, boredom incites stupidity. Have you joined the Altima forums by chance? That seems more like your type of vehicle, based on your level of intellect. Have fun continuing to argue everyone though!

OP
OP
ghosted

ghosted

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
c300, 330i
Test drives will come - I am in incipient stages. I was going to drive a Supra - but it was automatic and I had little interest and it did not work out that day. I have no interest anyways in an automatic Supra - so when/if I buy a manual Supra new, it will have to either be an acquaintance's/friend's car, or the actual car I end up buying.

Someone please feel free to explain why Toyota is only producing so few *manual* Supra cars anyways. That belies my logic.

djf

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT 45th Anniversary Edition
Test drives will come - I am in incipient stages. I was going to drive a Supra - but it was automatic and I had little interest and it did not work out that day. I have no interest anyways in an automatic Supra - so when/if I buy a manual Supra new, it will have to either be an acquaintance's/friend's car, or the actual car I end up buying.

Someone please feel free to explain why Toyota is only producing so few *manual* Supra cars anyways. That belies my logic.
For any of us who have manual Supras, the lack of production is great for long term resale value but a pain in the ass for aftermarket support. Without a significant number of them produced, manufacturers arenā€™t going to waste their time with R&D for products that will barely sell. Iā€™d be curious to know the amount of manuals vs autos theyā€™ve produced since ā€˜23, because the demand for the manuals is certainly there.

edit: in no way do I see my car as anything other than a money pit. Anyone buying these with the intention of them appreciating is going to be very disappointed. I just mention it because itā€™s always nice to get a bit more for a car you beat on

Last edited:

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
See my earlier post below for what the article's author meant by "league above". Gotta love @Rocksandblues and @Syeeee - calling a man a troll, when ironically, it is they who troll! Fanboyz make me Laugh.Out.Loud. The MKV has been faulted SO many times in this thread that I hope more folks will consider the data within it before their purchase, and that Toyota will consider iteratively improving on the 2026+ MY (rather than killing the model!). Not that Toyota seems to care. Why they sell ~2k units annually and call it a day is BEYOND my logic. After reading all of these posts, I would confidently call the 3.0L MKV a $49k car new as $56k+ is too much.
perfect troll response. Rock on in your c300. Not a fan boy- Well, I am a BMW fan boy. BMW dna is only reason I would ever buy a Toyota. But 49k-59k. Nothing comes close to this. I knew you wouldnā€™t buy one
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.