Michaels Toyota of Bellevue PPF?

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I wouldn’t allow any Totota dealership to install PPF. I know for a fact they allow unqualified people to do the installs. They just hand them a heat gun and tell them to figure it out.

Look for reputable shops to do it.

-RJM
Sponsored

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
the dealer here is using xpel
Most dealers will only do the front 1/3 of the hood + bumper. You really should do full hood, bumper, doors, and front quarter panel at the minimum if not the full car.

Not to mention just the front 1/3 of the hood leaves an ugly demarcation line.

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
are you sure it was this toyota? can you post some pics? and what did they say when you brought this up?
Yeah it was Michael's unfortunately, tbh I haven't had great experience with them in general. They went through the whole customer satisfaction thing, but even after sending the car back to them to clean it up and redo some of the ppf they still missed a couple spots and at that point I was over hoping they'd get their act together. Only saving grace is the parts manager at least arranged for the car to be detailed during a service appointment and that finally cleaned off the solution overspray they left in the car.

All in all still not worth the hassle even it the price does look attractive. Can't tell you how much time I've lost to this dealer dealing with them doing stupid crap to my car.

In case you're still interested in pics of the ppf, are there any specific angles you want?

WSUPRA

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Toyota Supra 3.0 6MT
Yeah it was Michael's unfortunately, tbh I haven't had great experience with them in general. They went through the whole customer satisfaction thing, but even after sending the car back to them to clean it up and redo some of the ppf they still missed a couple spots and at that point I was over hoping they'd get their act together. Only saving grace is the parts manager at least arranged for the car to be detailed during a service appointment and that finally cleaned off the solution overspray they left in the car.

All in all still not worth the hassle even it the price does look attractive. Can't tell you how much time I've lost to this dealer dealing with them doing stupid crap to my car.

In case you're still interested in pics of the ppf, are there any specific angles you want?
Wow that really blows, sorry you had to deal with that. Hearing this makes me really happy I decided not to give them my business.

driftingsw21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 MR2 (5th gen swap), 2010 BMW X5
Seems like every dealership (stealership) around here want's to either charge you over MSRP or do some stupid PPF, tint or overcharge you for little things to make more money on these cars. Their excuse is "no" inventory. It's not a limited production car, it's a low demand car they should be happy to sell. Even more if you are ordering it from them and they have a solid sale without having to use their credit to acquire a car that they don't know when it sells.

So far places I would avoid like the plague. Kirland Toyota, and Renton Toyota. They wanted to not offer a time frame, needed a large non refundable deposit, and charge me 5 to 10k over msrp. Those I found "reasonable" Lake City, and ironically Toyota of Bellevue (they got sold to some other company a few months ago).

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I bought my 2021 from Toyota of Bellingham about a year ago, and the buying experience there was A+, absolutely no hassles or bullshit at all. Not sure if they count as "in the area" given how far north they are, but I'd recommend them (specifically Jacob A).

Can't vouch for their service department though since I live down south.

Infamous

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra on order 2020 Camry XSE 2008 Honda Accord
I know it's a little far south from Bellevue but I can't recommend Polished Image Detailing in Fife high enough they wrapped the rear half of my Supra for a great price and had it done within a day. I had California Tint of Everett do the front half and doors initially and they also did a great job, they were a little bit on the pricier side, but either way there's a north and a south option for you to consider!
Sponsored