Old guy sport mode

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata Nd, Stinger Base and 2021 Supra
This is my first car with sport mode and I'm not sure on how to use it. I've read most of the posts but am still confused. Is there somewhere I can get the info. from start to finish? Thanks in Advance.
Sponsored

Koval

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0; 2019 F-150 3.5 KR; 2018 Honda GL
You just hit the button that says "Sport". It'll open the exhaust flaps and will hold the revs higher/stiffer suspension etc. Honestly haven't driven the car much at all with it off, the one time I forgot to put it in sport it startled us when the car shut off at the light from the auto stop/start 😂

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Doesn't give you extra power. Firms things up, increases responsiveness and gets louder.
It's not M button...

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Sharpens throttle response, firms suspension dampening, adds weight to the steering, and quickens transmission changes as well as holding the current gear longer/auto downshift earlier. It’ll also open the exhaust valve, change the instrument graphics, activate the exhaust burbles (damn, I wish we could turn that shit off in the iDrive), turn on the fake exhaust noise through the speakers, and turn off the auto start/stop. You can go into the vehicle settings and configure SPORT INDIVIDUAL to pick and choose what you want to have change to Sport and what to keep as Normal between the engine, transmission, steering, and dampening when you press the button.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Or hit the sport mode button and slap that stick to the left and use the paddle shifters or stick to control the up/down shifts. My personal preference :)

speaser

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91 MT SE, 2019 TRD 4runner
I bimmercoded mine to start in sport mode. Tired of hitting the button every damn time.

Also bimmercoded the fake engine noise out (along with some start-up and reverse camera warnings). Nobody needs that shiat.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I bimmercoded mine to start in sport mode. Tired of hitting the button every damn time.

Also bimmercoded the fake engine noise out (along with some start-up and reverse camera warnings). Nobody needs that shiat.
Only problem (to me) with auto and sport mode is that it doesn’t always listen to my drive shifts. It may want to stay at 5k rpm and I want it to stay down lower (for example). So I just keep her in manual mode 24/7 and mash that sport button. If you have a manual Supra, problem solved as well ;). I really should play with the bimmercodes someday.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Okay I did not know there was a way to start in sport mode.. but then not sure I want to scare the neighborhood when I pull out my Supra early weekend mornings.

One time there was an old lady walking her dog minding her own business while we both approached a stop sign in my residential area.. my Supra thought it’d be funny to pop her exhaust very loudly in the quiet calm am.. the old lady jumped with huge eyeballs glaring at my car .. maybe even pooped in her pants.

not sure.. I got the hell outta there! :hide: